Proscan multiple incidents running possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t tried it yet but has anyone been able to run multiple incidences of proscan on the same PC with more than one Uniden scanner? I don’t know if it’s possible? I want to connect a 996 and a 536 to the same PC and run a separate incidence Of Proscan to log hits. Is this possible? Or is against the License rules? Sorry if I have many typos I am waiting on new glasses and can’t see close up very well right now.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t tried it yet but has anyone been able to run multiple incidences of proscan on the same PC with more than one Uniden scanner? I don’t know if it’s possible? I want to connect a 996 and a 536 to the same PC and run a separate incidence Of Proscan to log hits. Is this possible? Or is against the License rules? Sorry if I have many typos I am waiting on new glasses and can’t see close up very well right now.

Yes it works but you have to install a copy for each scanner you are using all in different folders.
I have 13 copies running on the same scanner I named each folder to the scanner it uses 536_1 and 536_2 then I made the same name shortcuts to each. This also runs under 1 Licensee so you have a spare for a second computer.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Yes it works but you have to install a copy for each scanner you are using all in different folders.
I have 13 copies running on the same scanner I named each folder to the scanner it uses 536_1 and 536_2 then I made the same name shortcuts to each. This also runs under 1 Licensee so you have a spare for a second computer.
I tried it last night and was able to to run 2 separate incidents of the same install on a Windows 10 x64 system the 996 and 536 are happy and proscan is running ok I wasn't sure if it would work but at least under W10 PS can be started at least twice, I don't know how you would install more than one copy on a Windows machine unless you are running virtual systems? Or the app automatically isolated itself like some old games I have, but anyway it does run I have 16 gigs of RAM on a old EVGA P55 with a I7 resources aren't a issue.

nyair1

What are you guys using a laptop or desktop? Im running 2 radios right now with my laptop and splitting the audio to be able to record both radios. Anyone have ideas on what to use to be able to add 2 more radios and have proscan record the audio? I dont think you can add a second audio card to a laptop??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

saboken

Premium Subscriber
You may be able to use a USB sound card Creative has one, I have a home built desktop but I have a Creative Labs XFi sound card with the breakout box in a 3 1/2" bay so I have several input channels I can use if I enable the on board Audioe I could probably add more recording channels? I am not recording yet (with proscan) just to the 536 SD card, but I may use PS next month and Jack into the XFi.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I tried it last night and was able to to run 2 separate incidents of the same install on a Windows 10 x64 system the 996 and 536 are happy and proscan is running ok I wasn't sure if it would work but at least under W10 PS can be started at least twice, I don't know how you would install more than one copy on a Windows machine unless you are running virtual systems? Or the app automatically isolated itself like some old games I have, but anyway it does run I have 16 gigs of RAM on a old EVGA P55 with a I7 resources aren't a issue.

Read the 1st Question. It has what you are looking for.

https://www.proscan.org/faq.html

cg

Premium Subscriber
The problem I ran into with recording multiple inputs via USB soundcards was that Windows updates (rebooting) would mess up the link between the radios and the corresponding copy of ProScan. I would then have to figure out which of the 10 USB sound cards with the same name went to which ProScan.
I haven't tried it in quite a while so perhaps that isn't a problem anymore but it caused me to chuck in linking my rack of scanners to ProScan for recording.

chris

mancow

Database Admin
The problem I ran into with recording multiple inputs via USB soundcards was that Windows updates (rebooting) would mess up the link between the radios and the corresponding copy of ProScan. I would then have to figure out which of the 10 USB sound cards with the same name went to which ProScan.
I haven't tried it in quite a while so perhaps that isn't a problem anymore but it caused me to chuck in linking my rack of scanners to ProScan for recording.

chris

Same here.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Read the 1st Question. It has what you are looking for.

https://www.proscan.org/faq.html

That's odd because I didn't put it in separate folders and 2 incidents are running! One for my 996 and one for my 536, it's working normal??? I don't know if it's because of W10?
Q: Can I run multiple copies of ProScan or RadioFeed on one computer?
A: Yes. Many instances of ProScan or RadioFeed can run on the same computer. Copy the contents of the ProScan or RadioFeed folder to a new folder. Change the comm. port setting and other options specific to that instance

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber

It is recommended from PROSCAN 1 install for each scanner you will have less trouble.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I will try it that way so far I'm not having any issues with it the way it is now.

saboken

Premium Subscriber

chris
You could try a multi track device like this the sound cards that had a bunch of inputs are a thing of the past my card was discontinued years ago and people are price gouging on Amazon for it! Like $3000.00 for what I paid $189.00 for in 2009 but look at this it may help you they have 4-6-8 inputs and more you just have to find a way to get proscan to pick the right channels.

PreSonus Studio 6|8 6x6, 192 kHz, USB 2.0 Audio Interface https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6S6OSS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_st27BbME8DP04
Or you could try a raspberry pi for each Scanner they are get cheap

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That's odd because I didn't put it in separate folders and 2 incidents are running! One for my 996 and one for my 536, it's working normal??? I don't know if it's because of W10?

Each instance should be in different folders for two reasons.

Reason 1 is the options contained in the config(ProScan.cfg) file will not be shared. If restarting ProScan, the options are read from the ProScan.cfg file and will be the options from the last instance of ProScan unloaded. In other words; Let's say you stopped both instances of ProScan and the 536 instance was the last unloaded then when you restarted ProScan, both instances would be set for the 536 scanner type.

Reason 2 is the log files generated by ProScan. If you have the History, Recording, UID, or FTO logging then when you restart ProScan, the logs showing in the grids will be from the last instance unloaded.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

chris

Try renaming the input devices and see what happens. After renaming, restart ProScan so the changes will show in ProScan then set the Input Sound Device in the Audio tabs to the renamed input. When computer reboots, see if the Input Sound Device settings are retained.

Attachments

• rename.jpg
    rename.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.