Official PSREdit Software thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Official PSREdit Software thread

This thread is to discuss anything to do with the PSREdit software.

Check this post for updates and current software version:

PSREdit Software: http://www.psredit.com/ Version 1.25 Now Available *** Updated 11/27/2007

Last edited:

cliffcor

(Maybe Unsticky the Old Thread? Let it sink down a bit on the list.)

Wish List.

Allow the Dup Function for Conventional records.
Allow some sort of recurring duplicate. (Save & Dupe?)
Make the Conventional entry similar to the TGrp. IOW, the Tgrp entry starts with the description then goes to the talk group, The conventional is opposite, by starting with the frequency, then a field rarely changed, then the description.

Oh yeah, and Import from a CSV! (Smile). The above are to help add all of the collection of stuff I'm working on getting setup.

Any help to avoid having to go from the keyboard to the mouse to just right click to get a new record then back to the keyboard, to enter data will be really, really appreciated.

Thanks
Cliff

mikey60

cliffcor said:
(Maybe Unsticky the Old Thread? Let it sink down a bit on the list.)

Wish List.

Allow the Dup Function for Conventional records.
Allow some sort of recurring duplicate. (Save & Dupe?)
Make the Conventional entry similar to the TGrp. IOW, the Tgrp entry starts with the description then goes to the talk group, The conventional is opposite, by starting with the frequency, then a field rarely changed, then the description.

Oh yeah, and Import from a CSV! (Smile). The above are to help add all of the collection of stuff I'm working on getting setup.

Any help to avoid having to go from the keyboard to the mouse to just right click to get a new record then back to the keyboard, to enter data will be really, really appreciated.

Thanks
Cliff

Dupe function on conventional objects is on the wish list

Recurring entry is also on the wishlist

I've reorganized the conventional edit screen for consistancy

Import from CSV and RR is already on the wishlist.

Mike

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Mike has released Version 1.06 of the PSREdit Software on his site:

1.06 Changes and additions (Released 25-Oct-07, 11:15PM EDT)

* You may now direct edit the CTCSS/DCS/NAC edit boxes on the Conventional object editor screen. If the value is invalid, these boxes will revert to either the closest valid entry, or to Search mode.
* Fixed update bugs on many edit screens where pressing the Enter key would not do validation checks on some fields when the editor exits.
* Created new Import top level menu. The "Import from Pro-96/Pro2096" and the "Import objects from another file" options have been moved to this menu.
* Conventional objects may now be imported using the Import from another file menu option.
* Added duplicate conventional object menu option in the conventional list. It only allow you to duplicate one object at a time.

cliffcor

Very minor cosmetic tweak.

Color ID's are different on General Page then the Object assignment pages. (zero based vs. one based). No biggie.

Thanks for the Conv Dup function!

mikey60

cliffcor said:
Very minor cosmetic tweak.

Color ID's are different on General Page then the Object assignment pages. (zero based vs. one based). No biggie.

Thanks for the Conv Dup function!

Fixed for the next release.

Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
BIG request - I'm entering MPSCS (BIG system) and every time I dupe a talkgroup at the bottom of the list it scrolls me all the way back up to the top, so I have to scroll all the way back down, repeate the process and scroll again. If there's a way it could keep the scroll at the bottom when entering it'd be VERY much appreciated.

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
Had the same issue, real easy fix; click on the top of the ID column and it will sort by object ID and the latest one added will be at the top and be ready for the next dupe.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Import Objects from another file

Very nice feature...can we have a scanlist to assign this selected import to?

cliffcor

fmon said:
Assigning scanlists, (and LED colors, etc.) is pretty easy by highlighting multiple records (Think Shift Click / Ctrl Click) and then do the multiple record edits. Just a suggestion if you haven't used that feature.

rdballenger

colors in columns

first, fantastic program!

wondering if you could add a column that would show the LED color assigned to the object - ideally the color and not just "Red" - that would be a tremendous help

mikey60

rdale said:
BIG request - I'm entering MPSCS (BIG system) and every time I dupe a talkgroup at the bottom of the list it scrolls me all the way back up to the top, so I have to scroll all the way back down, repeate the process and scroll again. If there's a way it could keep the scroll at the bottom when entering it'd be VERY much appreciated.

When you add a talkgroup, it should make it visible somewhere on the screen. I'll check into it but it should put you at the bottom (it was for me before, but I haven't looked at that in awhile).

The sort list may have something to do with it as well. I can't remember at the moment.

Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
gbouwkamp said:
Had the same issue, real easy fix; click on the top of the ID column and it will sort by object ID and the latest one added will be at the top and be ready for the next dupe.

Thanks much!

- Rob

BTW Have you found a good way to sector the MPSCS CC's into various zones for fitting them into the 32 limit?

mikey60

fmon said:

By default it will import them into the same scanlist that they are in the source file. I added an option to move them all into a single scanlist on the last update. There's also now an option to import conventional objects.

Mike

mikey60

rdale said:
Thanks much!

- Rob

BTW Have you found a good way to sector the MPSCS CC's into various zones for fitting them into the 32 limit?

I have an MPSCS file I was working on that does that. It only includes primary CC frequencies though. They are broken down by MSP districts.

Mike

mikey60

rdb3141 said:
first, fantastic program!

wondering if you could add a column that would show the LED color assigned to the object - ideally the color and not just "Red" - that would be a tremendous help

I'm looking into doing something with this. Hopefully soon.

Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
cliffcor said:
Assigning scanlists, (and LED colors, etc.) is pretty easy by highlighting multiple records (Think Shift Click / Ctrl Click) and then do the multiple record edits. Just a suggestion if you haven't used that feature.
Thanks cliff, was there once but did'nt follow through. Works as designed.

Noted Mike's following post #14, looking good. :cool:

kb8tfe

Issue assigning backlight function on mult tgrp objects

Hello,

I find that if I select multiple conv entries, I can edit the backlight setting and it is made for all selected entries. However, when I try to do the same on a list of tgrp objects for a trunked system, it doesn't make the backlight setting for all selected (sometimes none are made, and sometimes only the first one). I want to have the backlight some on for activity on all tgrp objects so having this addressed would save me a LOT of individual editing time...

Thanks,
-David

mikey60

kb8tfe said:
Hello,

I find that if I select multiple conv entries, I can edit the backlight setting and it is made for all selected entries. However, when I try to do the same on a list of tgrp objects for a trunked system, it doesn't make the backlight setting for all selected (sometimes none are made, and sometimes only the first one). I want to have the backlight some on for activity on all tgrp objects so having this addressed would save me a LOT of individual editing time...

Thanks,
-David

This has been fixed for the next release.

Mike

rfmanning

PSRedit wont recognize COM14

I downloaded the trial version of PSRedit and tried to access my scanner. It won't open the com port assigned to the interface cable. Anyone have any clues?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.