RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2016, 7:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I do have one question regarding something odd that happened this past Friday - days before the upgrade.

I was going through some of my recordings in the "Append to recording file" for Friday afternoon and found that there was a gap of about an hour and 20 minutes where there were no recordings. I checked my log file that resides on the same hard drive and there are plenty of transmissions logged for that time period. The system was up and running as it has been for the past few months.

Any idea why or what shut the recording down?
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5ypj View Post
I do have one question regarding something odd that happened this past Friday - days before the upgrade.

I was going through some of my recordings in the "Append to recording file" for Friday afternoon and found that there was a gap of about an hour and 20 minutes where there were no recordings. I checked my log file that resides on the same hard drive and there are plenty of transmissions logged for that time period. The system was up and running as it has been for the past few months.

Any idea why or what shut the recording down?
Don't really know. Is this an audio or logging problem? Do the recordings show in the grid? What about the History Logging working ok. Is it just blank audio? You think you could have an intermittent audio cable?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan 8.8.1

Here is a minor update I want to get out until 8.9 is ready. Call this Version 8.8.1. The changes will be officially documented in 8.9. This is not a setup file, just download, unzip, and copy the files into the ProScan folder. Will work with any previous versions of ProScan.

http://www.proscan.org/ProScan_8_8_1.zip
  • Changed - UID Logging - Editing the "UID After Lookup" column disables new rows until after editing.
  • Added - UID Logging - "Talk Group ID" column.

The Talk Group column is more for viewing and not used for determining hits, the Site column determines hits.

Last edited by ProScan; 01-11-2016 at 11:21 PM..
Old 01-12-2016, 6:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile ProScan 8.8.1 UID Logging

Bob

Your addition of the three columns in the UID Logging tab are greatly appreciated. Just what the doctor ordered!

When the UID Logging tab is selected you can clearly see the UID before, the UID after Lookup and the Talkgroup columns all in one place. Also with this updated version, editing of and assigning aliases to UID's is now very easy to do. Kudos to you and thank you for ProScan!

Dennis
Old 01-12-2016, 10:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If I edit a UID alias in the "UID after Lookup" column, is there a way to have it automatically replace the original line in the UID Lookup.txt file?
If I simply hit enter, it seems to save it to memory and uses the new Alias but leaves the original line in the file untouched.
I had been adding them to the file at the bottom with the Copy, Move Selected Rows... button but it only added them and didn't replace them.

chris
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2016, 11:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg View Post
If I edit a UID alias in the "UID after Lookup" column, is there a way to have it automatically replace the original line in the UID Lookup.txt file?
If I simply hit enter, it seems to save it to memory and uses the new Alias but leaves the original line in the file untouched.
I had been adding them to the file at the bottom with the Copy, Move Selected Rows... button but it only added them and didn't replace them.

chris
I'll look into it after I complete a few other things.
Old 01-13-2016, 8:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ProScan Version 8.9

ProScan Version 8.9 released 01/13/16
  • Added - UID Logging - Talk Group ID column.
  • Added - Option to turn off checking computer font setting upon program start.
  • Added - Custom Specifier "%U2 = UID After Lookup".
  • Changed - Custom Specifier "%U = UID" changed to "%U1 = UID Before Lookup".
  • Changed - Editing UID Logging After Lookup column disables new rows until after editing.
  • Fixed - UID Logging - Copy / Move Selected Rows to UID Lookup wasn't updating the "LOGTEXT=" field with the UID After Lookup column.
  • Many more small improvements.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP (without database), BCD536HP (without database), BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, & BCD996P2 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in this world.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Before I say it isn't working still in 8.9, let me be sure I am doing what I think I need to for updating a UID.
1) I see a radio that already has an alias but it is incorrect.
2) I double click the rectangle where the ID in question is.
3) I edit the ID to what I want
4) I hit "Copy/Move Selected Rows to UID Lookup..."
5) In the popup, I hit OK

When I go into the UID Lookup file, the corrected line with "LOGTEXT=" is at the bottom of the file. But the original one is still in place and is still being used to populate the UID space on newer transmissions. It is almost as if the search starts at the top and sees the old one before it gets to the bottom.
However, if I cut the corrected UIDs from the bottom and paste them at the top of the list, it works properly.

chris
Old 01-13-2016, 10:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Before I say it isn't working still in 8.9, let me be sure I am doing what I think I need to for updating a UID.

When I go into the UID Lookup file, the corrected line with "LOGTEXT=" is at the bottom of the file. But the original one is still in place and is still being used to populate the UID space on newer transmissions. It is almost as if the search starts at the top and sees the old one before it gets to the bottom.
However, if I cut the corrected UIDs from the bottom and paste them at the top of the list, it works properly.

chris
Make sure "Allow Duplicate UIDs" option is unchecked.
Old 01-14-2016, 8:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That option is unchecked.

chris
Old 01-14-2016, 11:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is there a way to setup a relay using the ProScan Client.

I want to run the server on my home PC but have a 2nd server relay to a hosted copy of proscan people can use the proscan client to connect too. Saves me from using all my upload.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

chris
If you send me an email with the ProScan.cfg file and UID Lookup file, I can give it the highest priority and send you ProScan files until fixed. I'll be out this weekend but I should get to this next Tuesday.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:54 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Deleted

Last edited by ProScan; 01-15-2016 at 12:17 AM..
Old 01-15-2016, 9:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Email sent
In the meantime, I will review the file and see if I can figure out what I am doing wrong. There are 5000+ IDs in the file so there could be something that is messing things up.

chris
Old 01-15-2016, 1:27 PM

Loving ProScan so far, but I have a few things I wanted to ask about. I don't want to send in a bug report email until I'm sure that these are truly bugs and not something I am doing wrong.

1) Using Web Server to stream to an IPhone, it seems to work well on Live Stream; however, there are times where the phone gets quiet for a while and I find that the stream has to be restarted for some reason. I can't say with certainty, but it seems to happen more when mobile which leads me to think that cell tower handoffs could play a role in this. Could the stream be stalling out and stopping due to latency or errors?

2) When listening to recordings on the IPhone, I have instances where it will play a few minutes worth and then loop back to the beginning of the recording. Unfortunately, IOS doesn't let me "seek" back to where I was at. This too, could also be related to item one above.

3). Using a BCD536HP connected via Wifi, sometimes the audio stream fails and has to be restarted on the local machine. This may be a Uniden issue, but I've only encountered it when using Proscan. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

4) Sometimes a recording file on a given site, system, and TG will stop recording and another file for that same TG will randomly be created except with a different name altogether. I may need to investigate this further to be able to give a better explanation. This hasn't been a huge problem for me though.
Old 01-15-2016, 3:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
1) Using Web Server to stream to an IPhone, it seems to work well on Live Stream; however, there are times where the phone gets quiet for a while and I find that the stream has to be restarted for some reason. I can't say with certainty, but it seems to happen more when mobile which leads me to think that cell tower handoffs could play a role in this. Could the stream be stalling out and stopping due to latency or errors?

2) When listening to recordings on the IPhone, I have instances where it will play a few minutes worth and then loop back to the beginning of the recording. Unfortunately, IOS doesn't let me "seek" back to where I was at. This too, could also be related to item one above.
Yes these items are related. What media player are you using? Does it have a loop option that can be turned off?

Quote:
3). Using a BCD536HP connected via Wifi, sometimes the audio stream fails and has to be restarted on the local machine. This may be a Uniden issue, but I've only encountered it when using Proscan. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.
I'm interested too if anyone else has this problem. I could look at it next week.

Quote:
4) Sometimes a recording file on a given site, system, and TG will stop recording and another file for that same TG will randomly be created except with a different name altogether. I may need to investigate this further to be able to give a better explanation. This hasn't been a huge problem for me though.
What is the different name? Do the the previous rows turn color Violet indicating the Max. Recording Time kicked in. If yes then set the "Max Recording Time" to None or a greater value. Option located in the Options - > Recording area. I would also check the Custom Recording Folders and Custom Filename Format format specifiers.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:52 PM

Regarding your first question, I am using the default media player for IOS that opens when I click either "Live Stream" or a recording. I honestly don't know what it would be called. I thought about trying something different, but I wouldn't know how to change the settings to make the new program the default. IOS is not so straightforward with things like this.

I'll have to get back with you on the recordings because I am out of town right now and won't be able to really see the specifics of what it is doing.. As soon as I can, I will let you know.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2016, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonium233 View Post
Yes, I am having the same issue with the audio stream. But I have to disconnect the Wifi dongle and plug it back in. The display will also lockup in Proscan. It could very well be a Uniden issue.
When this happens go into the "Wifi setup, show Wifi Information" on scanner and see if it still has the AP and IP fields populated. Mine are blank when this happens.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If you can set your IP Address to a Static Address this should stop your problem.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:59 AM

Default PC Rebooting

I am having difficulty with my PC

Runs fine until connected to the radios (4)
BCT15X, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCD996T

Running 4 copies of proscan 8.9
Windows 7 pro

After starting the PC, it runs all 4 copies of proscan properly for about and hour then reboots

Without Scanners connected and the proscan running, it will run for days.

The PC passes serial loopback tests

Any Ideas?

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6, logging, proscan, sleep, windows