RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 5:50 AM

I'm more than happy with 12.1 but will probably upgrade to 12.2 soon. Thanks Bob, Proscan rules.

Diamond D-777 - Diamond X-50N | 5 x BCT15X - 1 x UBC780XLT | SSE Jim-HPF-0706a - CCW Multicoupler | Proscan 12.3 | Espresso
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2017, 6:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Can audio be gotten from 536HP USB cable in ProScan?

Can one get audio off of the 536's USB cable in ProScan?

I'm really not wanting to do wireless so as to avoid adding more traffic congestion to my home LAN which already has plenty of wireless traffic.
Old 06-07-2017, 6:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Nope - audio is not on the USB - could use an audio cable.

BUT - I love the wireless...

Old 06-07-2017, 6:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default ProScan w/ BCD536HP

The USB cable does not do audio.
On the BCD436HP you use the USB along with an audio cable for the voice.
But on the BCD536HP you can not use the audio cable because the audio output of the radio will not work with the computer. You have to buy an adapter for $35 to get the BCD536HP to work with your computer and ProScan.

Check through the Forums here.
Old 06-07-2017, 6:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

{deleted}
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2017, 7:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks guys I'll quit banging my head up against the wall!!! Should have asked here first.
Old 06-21-2017, 4:45 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default Scanner Must Be Communicating

Scanner is a BC780XLT, RS323 cable, port is on 4 in the software and Windows 7, baud is 19200 on scanner and in software. When I hit "Upload", I get a message that "Scanner must be communicating". What am I overlooking?
Old 06-21-2017, 4:47 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I forgot "Remote Mode". smh
Old 06-26-2017, 8:35 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

When trying to connect to my BCD 536HP I get the following message.

"unable to connect to UDP port rtsp://192.168.1.66/au:scanner.au:50536"

I am not sure how to go about resolving the problem. Is there someone here who could give me a little advice please?

The wifi setting on the 536HP is set to infrastructure and the receiver says that it is connected to my router, the receiver is showing up as connected in the router log. OS is Windows 10.

Thanks for your time.

Richard
Old 06-28-2017, 6:40 AM

Hi Bob,

Using v12.2, UBCD536-PT (Aus version), usb>serial cable with null modem into GPS port. correct comport and speed selected in both.

Proscan can see and control the 536 fine, but the favourites editor will not read the radio. I have opened and saved a new database but don't seem to able to read the radio still...any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2017, 9:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky101 View Post
Hi Bob,

Using v12.2, UBCD536-PT (Aus version), usb>serial cable with null modem into GPS port. correct comport and speed selected in both.

Proscan can see and control the 536 fine, but the favourites editor will not read the radio. I have opened and saved a new database but don't seem to able to read the radio still...any suggestions?

Thanks
The Favorites editor isn't supported for the UBCD536-PT at this time. Perhaps down the road.
Old 06-28-2017, 1:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bob, I've noticed every since the newest D/L of Proscan it disconnects me about every 10 minutes...It just drops the connection on the remote scan over IP...Your thoughts?
Old 06-29-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
The Favorites editor isn't supported for the UBCD536-PT at this time. Perhaps down the road.
ok thanks Bob, if i may request it to go on the future possible enhancements / features list??
Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
Bob, I've noticed every since the newest D/L of Proscan it disconnects me about every 10 minutes...It just drops the connection on the remote scan over IP...Your thoughts?
No changes made and it works here.
Old 07-02-2017, 7:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

On post 2743 you say to open a database file by going to the database menu, I don't have a database menu. I am running version 12.2 of Proscan on a Windows 10 machine. I deactivated Proscan, uninstalled it using Programs and Features in the Control Panel, reinstalled Proscan and reactivated Proscan. When I open Proscan I get a picture of a scanner, above that are the Favorites Editor, Options, Scanner Type, Comm Port, View, Tools, and Support menus. Below the picture of the scanner are the History Logging, UID Logging, Fire Tone Out Logging, Recorder, Source Client, Web Server, Remote Scanner Over IP, Audio Control, Sessions Manager, Tools & Extras tabs. I can't find a way to open a database.

Ignore this post, I just changed the scanner type and now I have a Database menu.
Old 07-02-2017, 7:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithken View Post
On post 2743 you say to open a database file by going to the database menu, I don't have a database menu. I am running version 12.2 of Proscan on a Windows 10 machine. I deactivated Proscan, uninstalled it using Programs and Features in the Control Panel, reinstalled Proscan and reactivated Proscan. When I open Proscan I get a picture of a scanner, above that are the Favorites Editor, Options, Scanner Type, Comm Port, View, Tools, and Support menus. Below the picture of the scanner are the History Logging, UID Logging, Fire Tone Out Logging, Recorder, Source Client, Web Server, Remote Scanner Over IP, Audio Control, Sessions Manager, Tools & Extras tabs. I can't find a way to open a database.
On the BCDx36HP, it's the Favorites Editor. Check the check box and the Favorites Editor will open. If using other than a BCDx36HP, change the scanner type first.
Old 07-07-2017, 2:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Control Channel info and decoding DMR

First I must say I really like Proscan and have been a user for some time. There just isn't a better way to manage multiple modern scanners. I have multiple BCD996P2s, BCD996XT, BCD996T, BC780XLT and several hand held Uniden scanners.

I see all the data when I turn on C-CH Output. Is there a guide or reference card that can tell me what I am seeing? For example I have "MOT 047,0,7F80, CNM, TG-7F80 CH-047 VC-08527875. Of course there are many other lines formatted differently with different data. I would like to interpret that data.

I just started monitoring DMR. It is new excitement. Using the 996P2 search function I can identify the CC# and Slot. If I find a MotoTRBO system, I need the LCN. The Uniden provided documentation suggests I use DSD+, but after a bit of research I find it a challenge to install and use. Is there another way to more easily decode DMR (and other systems)? Will there be functionality at some point in ProScan that will add DSD+ like capability? Maybe I am guilty of committing some user errors, but I see no information in C-CH when listening to DMR sites.

Thanks for your responses, ideas, etc.
BC
Old 07-07-2017, 6:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCasto View Post
First I must say I really like Proscan and have been a user for some time. There just isn't a better way to manage multiple modern scanners. I have multiple BCD996P2s, BCD996XT, BCD996T, BC780XLT and several hand held Uniden scanners.

I see all the data when I turn on C-CH Output. Is there a guide or reference card that can tell me what I am seeing? For example I have "MOT 047,0,7F80, CNM, TG-7F80 CH-047 VC-08527875. Of course there are many other lines formatted differently with different data. I would like to interpret that data.

I just started monitoring DMR. It is new excitement. Using the 996P2 search function I can identify the CC# and Slot. If I find a MotoTRBO system, I need the LCN. The Uniden provided documentation suggests I use DSD+, but after a bit of research I find it a challenge to install and use. Is there another way to more easily decode DMR (and other systems)? Will there be functionality at some point in ProScan that will add DSD+ like capability? Maybe I am guilty of committing some user errors, but I see no information in C-CH when listening to DMR sites.

Thanks for your responses, ideas, etc.
BC
The C-CH Output is more of a Scanner or Trunking question. ProScan doesn't have any role in the detection. It just takes the Control Channel Data Stream Output from the Comm Port and puts it in the grid and/or file. Here is one reference in the following link in the section"Control Channel Data Stream Output"
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Uni..._Reference.pdf

Regarding the DMR question: ProScan doesn't have any role in the DMR decoding. Adding DSD+ functionality sounds like a whole new project and where would the antenna connect to? I would learn DSD+. Post your DSD+ questions in the Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software forum

Last edited by ProScan; 07-07-2017 at 6:30 PM..
Old 07-07-2017, 10:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCasto View Post
I see no information in C-CH when listening to DMR sites.
I just discovered that the ProScan C-Ch Output is not getting the DMR messages from the comm. port. Working on fixing it now.

{edit} Email me for the fix.

Last edited by ProScan; 07-07-2017 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-08-2017, 12:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This probably is OFF TOPIC for ProScan, but just for ANYONE'S information, at the beginning, and at the end of the posts to this thread, I show a Page BOLD 144 followed by a normal 145. Clicking on the 145 returns me to the 144 group of posts. It has been doing this for at least two weeks. No other "Thread" on ANY of the other Forums shows this unusual behavior.

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6, logging, proscan, sleep, windows