RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 11:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
I see the problem. Actually it's on the Client side. Working on a fix now. No need to send me a bug report. Will be fixed in the next release.

{edit} Changing the Server side Sample Rate to 11025 should hear good audio.

Ok cool will do! Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2017, 1:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
Bob, I have a few Cap + freqs entered into my 436 and I see that while Proscan does display site info, it does not log what it sees. I entered the freqs and put a space in front followed by MHZ as seen in bravo14's video here https://forums.radioreference.com/un...ml#post2810355

My video of Proscan seeing but not logging here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjjjmflWYzE It is set to log each entry in a new row..
Quote:
I'll look at this soon. What's the firmware version?
Quote:
1.11.31 is what the scanner is running.. The site info does show on the scanner also, not just in Proscan. If you need anything, let me know.

Thanks.
Bob, in addition to what's described above, I am trying to log new tg's and rid's on a Project 25 Phase I system. I do see unknown tg's show on the scanner and on the Proscan scanner display, but neither the tg's or the rid's are logging in proscan. So it's not just with Cap+. The signal meter shows a good signal.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2017, 11:51 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeezy View Post
Mp3 is choppy at any bitrate/sample rate. I am connected via Wifi dongle.

I don't have the Mp3 audio issues on my Webserver or Icecast stream. Any insights?
This is fixed. The mp3 decoding section was redesigned. Email me for the latest ProScan file to test on your computer.
Old 09-15-2017, 8:36 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Bob, in addition to what's described above, I am trying to log new tg's and rid's on a Project 25 Phase I system. I do see unknown tg's show on the scanner and on the Proscan scanner display, but neither the tg's or the rid's are logging in proscan. So it's not just with Cap+. The signal meter shows a good signal.

Thanks
Can you email me any bug reports. It's more efficient and faster as I can ask questions and send out the latest ProScan file to test the fix. One bug per email please.

Email the bug reports to support@proscan.org

Bug Reports - Advise on the following:
Product (ProScan, Free Client, or RadioFeed):
Version:
Scanner type:
OS type:
Options pertaining to the bug:
Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing:
Old 09-16-2017, 9:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hi Bob,

Love the software been using it for years now without issues. You ever thought of make a two tone detect app for those of us who do that for fire paging etc.. There is one out there but well it's a little meh and unstable.
My perfect app would be something that would detect any tones from 1 to whatever. Then I can use it for two tone fire, or 1 tone for EAS activation etc..
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2017, 9:34 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar22 View Post
Hi Bob,

Love the software been using it for years now without issues. You ever thought of make a two tone detect app for those of us who do that for fire paging etc.. There is one out there but well it's a little meh and unstable.
My perfect app would be something that would detect any tones from 1 to whatever. Then I can use it for two tone fire, or 1 tone for EAS activation etc..
I don't think so at least not at this time. I have many things in the wish list and my own ideals want to do.
Old 09-19-2017, 7:42 PM

I'm trying to use an Acer Aspire One A150 netbook as a server for remote scanner over ip. I noticed that another member also tried this in 2012.

The screen resolution are only 1024x600 so I have to tilt the screen by using Alt+Ctrl+left arrow to be able to see the bottom of the screen, as there is no scroll function in ProScan when you make it a window instead of full screen.

This netbook has an built in 3G cellular modem I am using for its internet connection. But the problem is that the external WAN ip address and the internal LAN address are different and I cannot find anywhere to do port forwarding to let the port for ProScan go thru.

Does anyone have a clue where the changes need to be done in win7, or do I have to revert to getting an external mobile internet router that have easier access to its settings? The modem is a Globetrotter GTM380E.

/Ubbe
Old 09-19-2017, 9:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbe View Post
I'm trying to use an Acer Aspire One A150 netbook as a server for remote scanner over ip. I noticed that another member also tried this in 2012.

The screen resolution are only 1024x600 so I have to tilt the screen by using Alt+Ctrl+left arrow to be able to see the bottom of the screen, as there is no scroll function in ProScan when you make it a window instead of full screen.

This netbook has an built in 3G cellular modem I am using for its internet connection. But the problem is that the external WAN ip address and the internal LAN address are different and I cannot find anywhere to do port forwarding to let the port for ProScan go thru.

Does anyone have a clue where the changes need to be done in win7, or do I have to revert to getting an external mobile internet router that have easier access to its settings? The modem is a Globetrotter GTM380E.

/Ubbe
Normally it's done in the Router. If you don't have a Router, it looks like it's done in the Computer Network Properties. I googed "port forwarding without router" just now. At lot of hits on how to. I watched a youtube video and it seems to be straightforward. Here is a screenshot.
Attached Images

Old Today, 11:40 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmn4vu View Post
I agree it's probably a VirtualBox issue. What I did on VirtualBox running under Linux was, under VirtualBox/settings/serial ports, checked "connect to existing pipe/socket." Then below that you'll need to enter a device from your OSX machine on the line that says Path/Address.

Hope that gets you pointed in a helpful direction; no doubt there will be better guidance on a VirtualBox forum. Good luck!

--N4VU
Finally bought a license for ProScan, have it installed in a W10 instance within a VirtualBox instance on OS X.

With my BCD436HP attached, Sentinel works fine in that it can see the uSD card in the radio and do whatever I want to do to the card (read, write, whatever) but Sentinel has no virtual controls (unless there is a magical secret menu somewhere that I don't know about!).

Likewise, Freescan will see my BCD996XT (via a USB/RS-232 adapter) and (P2 direct USB) no problem.

But while ProScan can "see" the serial port (when I have the BCD436HP in serial port mode) and will even say "in use by this instance" in the comm port dialog box, nothing happens. Am I missing a magic "go" button? Yes, I have the Uniden serial port driver installed.

Now, if I reset the scanner to "mass storage" mode, ProScan can see the uSD just fine and read and write to it (proving that there is connectivity to the radio through that same USB cable).

What am I missing? Has anyone had this issue and solved it? Not really a ProScan issue but probably VirtualBox ... so ... anyone? Bueller?
Old Today, 11:48 AM

Try restarting proscan go into scanner type select the 436.Set the comport to none click set and then go to the auto detect on the right and see if that clears up or issue.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
Old Today, 12:47 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule1075 View Post
Try restarting proscan go into scanner type select the 436.Set the comport to none click set and then go to the auto detect on the right and see if that clears up or issue.

No effect.

Earlier in the thread (way back), there was mention of changing the serial port settings within VBox and I think this is the right direction, I just need to be more diligent about evaluating the combinations and permutations. Serial ports are a pain in VMs - you can either get the guest OS to use the "container"'s representation of the native serial port OR use the guest OS's serial port. The latter isn't working so I need to get the former to work ... but lots of possibilities.
Old Today, 12:50 PM

No problem it was just a thought.Do have freescan and or sentinel open while you are trying to connect to proscan?Just another thought.

Old Today, 12:53 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule1075 View Post
No problem it was just a thought.Do have freescan and or sentinel open while you are trying to connect to proscan?Just another thought.
Good catch, but no. Quit them both before restarting ProScan.
Old Today, 12:55 PM

OK just checking wish I could have helped out more.Will be posting a problem I am having soon if I can't figure it out.Good luck.

Old Today, 1:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

plaws,
Do you have the correct driver installed?
BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki See the section "Windows Serial Drivers"

What happens if you go to the Comm. Port settings and set the Comm Port to None, Then click the Set button, and then click the Auto Detect button? The port should show Available. If the scanner is communicating then the port should show Available BCD436HP.
Old Today, 1:48 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
plaws,
Do you have the correct driver installed?
BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki See the section "Windows Serial Drivers"

What happens if you go to the Comm. Port settings and set the Comm Port to None, Then click the Set button, and then click the Auto Detect button? The port should show Available. If the scanner is communicating then the port should show Available BCD436HP.
It does what you'd expect - zeroes it out and then re-adds it ... but then there is no connectivity.

It's a VirtualBox thing.

Magic recipe (in VBox on OS X) was Settings -> Ports -> Serial Ports -> Enable Serial Port Checked (which it was) -> Port Mode: "Host Device"; Connect to existing pipe/socket Checked; Path Address: /dev/cu.usbmodem1421.

Now ... I know from experience that VBox is likely to be very unhappy with me if the scanner is not there and in Serial Port mode next time I bring up the Windows VM, but I'll remember that ... eventually.

Thanks for all the help!

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6, logging, proscan, sleep, windows