noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

davefa

I have a question right now I am using an antenna that acyulty came from a two way radio company and it works great I can pick up about 50 miles away if I get it in the air I found the best spot who ever had the house before us had a satellite TV so I use the mounting bracket from it to get me high enough in the air. and it works good my problem is that I live in a small house and there is no real way to route the cable from the antenna to the spot where it works with out it being any where near my computer and the good ol crt screen so I get noise off of it picking up channels with nothing there shut the computer down they go away is there some kind of filter I can put on the line or a thinker line or any idea if I bring the antenna un the house it gets real bad so right now have it out side. any idea

fineshot1

That noise is oscillator noise from the many chip sets and from the pc's switching power supply all of which are very noisey. There is no way to filter out broad band noise such as that. The seperation method you have used is the only effective way of reducing this noise.
Perhaps you could relocate the computor equipment further away?

Don_Burke

Cable with better shielding would be my first choice.

The quad sheild RG-6 they sell at Wallyworld is pretty good stuff. I am using 100 feet of it in an office suite with many computers and I am impressed by it.

It is likely that the noise is also getting directly into the scanner, so seperation can not hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.