Firestik MSB-RX Scanner Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrjr507

Hi All

I bought an Firestik MSB-RX scanner antenna and was wondering if anybody uses that antenna. How does it do on military air band. I like it because it's built nice and strong
compared to the radioshack discone. Have had 2 of them and the most of the bottom radials can't handle bad windstorms. Have not put up the firestik yet as I need to get the coax for it.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

cjrjr507

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To be honest, I've never heard anything about Firestik's scanner antennas. Personally speaking I'd have tried a NilJon or even that one from DPD Productions first. I've never heard very much positive about Firestik's stuff. Let's hope this one is the exception to the rule. Both of those are much smaller than the D130J or Scantenna, so it presents less area for wind to catch it and tear it apart.

Make sure you use good quality coax - one of the LMR series or perhaps RG6. As you get higher in frequency, crummy coax is going to cost you signal - and with milair, sometimes signals are weak, and you don't need the additional loss if you can help it.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.