Good Mobile Antenna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have a scantennaa but it's not that great at picking up the Arkansas AWIN P25 Digital Trunked Statewide System, I can hear my area but I'd like to hear more, However, I really don't want to put up another HUGE base antenna on my already over crowded tower.. I would like to have eitehr a good mobile tuned to the 800 MHZ band or a small Yagi, Only thing about a yagi is since there are "MULTIPLE" tower sites on the system, How would one know which direction to point it, This is why I said I need a good Small/Mobile MULTI DIRECTIONAL 800 MHZ antenna.. Does anyone know who has a good one or where to get a good one at either online or in stores such as RS etc.?

K4DHR

The Larsen NMO5T900B (in NMO mount, obviously) works great for some high 800/mid 900 MHz data monitoring I do. It is relatively small (about 17") and is fairly inexpensive (~$20) but of course you'll have to get an NMO mount for it, so expect to pay around $45-50 total if you don't have one already.

Larsen also makes some others that are more tuned for the 800 MHz public safety bands for around the same price and utilize a similar design.

Status
Not open for further replies.