antenna for bc 350c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

WHat would be a great antenna for gain for a BC 350 c scanner? i wanna use it for the conventional in montgomery cty..and for the state police and some medevacs....any reccommendations for some good gain. I also plan to put fire freqs. into it.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Any wideband outboard antenna would serve you well. If your listening target is away from your immediate listening post area then I would suggest a directional antenna pointed toward that area. I cant erect an outboard antenna due to my living situation and expenses.But I use frequency range specific handheld antennas to increase my listening selections. cant get all what I want but I manage to get most of the main trunking and conventional systems from the city to eastern suffolk counties in new york. I use the mag mount spectra antenna in the mobile which serves as my outboard antenna and its EXCELLENT in range and quality over the entire spectrum of vhf/uhf/800 bands.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I presume that you plan on using this to monitor your non-trunked VHF county communications, while you use your 898T to monitor your 800 trunked system. If that is correct, and your goal to to just have a gain antenna mounted to the back of your scanner, a good choice would be the Diamond RH-77CA used with a 90 deg BNC adapter. For the 898T, if your target is indeed your trunked system, then it was already mentioned in your other thread to use the Radio Shack 800 antenna (again with a 90 deg BNC adapter). I would agree that antenna should do well for that purpose. However, have you tried shortening the stock telescoping whip that came with the 898T? Say down to only one or two segments in length? I think you might find it will help your reception. If not, then try the Radio Shack 800 model. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.