HF/VHF/UHF omni

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know of a omni base antenna that covers 11m/10m/6m/2m/70cm in one antenna? i need tx/rx on all these bands in a single antenna. i'm looking for recommendations. unity on some bands is ok. looking for FM/SSB on 6, Novice SSB on 10, all of 11, FM on 2 and 70. 100 watts maximum.

if such a thing exists then i could just side mount my scanner antenna and be good to go.

N

N_Jay

You are not likely to find a good one.

You are trying to cover a very broad set of frequencies.

Best bet is a ground plane with multiple verticals, but even that will have many compromises.

Maybe a 25 to 100 MHz discone and a 144/440 dual band whip, or a 125 to 500 discone.

Don_Burke

anyone know of a omni base antenna that covers 11m/10m/6m/2m/70cm in one antenna? i need tx/rx on all these bands in a single antenna. i'm looking for recommendations. unity on some bands is ok. looking for FM/SSB on 6, Novice SSB on 10, all of 11, FM on 2 and 70. 100 watts maximum.

if such a thing exists then i could just side mount my scanner antenna and be good to go.
Paul Lee did some work on something he called a "discage" which might have that sort of range with the whip he would add to it, but even that used three different feedpoints.

You are likely going to be settling for less than unity over much of the range even if you go with two antennas.

byndhlptom

Antenna

Hummmm

FM all vertically pol, SSB horizontal, 20+ db pol loss.

A discone with a low cutoff would give you the freq coverage, but performance would not be great for the SSB stuff. A log periodic (or two , one vert, one hor.) would require a rotor of some kind. You may be looking for a unobtainable antenna

just some thoughts

tom

`ps: if you find this antenna, buy a bunch, because everyone WILL want them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.