larsen antenna for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

bc 350 c scanner...which is a conventional radio. So which antenna does larsen make that would be good to mount on the back of the scanner for substantial gain...is that antenna that gives 2.5db gain from scannermaster any good?...or is it better to buy a larsen all the way?

KC0QNB

bc 350 c scanner...which is a conventional radio. So which antenna does larsen make that would be good to mount on the back of the scanner for substantial gain...is that antenna that gives 2.5db gain from scannermaster any good?...or is it better to buy a larsen all the way?
I will be the first you are listening to what band?
Larsen to my knowledge doesn't make any back of set antennas.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
The antenna at Scanner Master you mentioned is for 800 Mhz, so if that is your primary target, it should do quite nicely for you. It would likely do ok on UHF and less efficient on VHF. As 'QNB said, I am not aware of any back of set antennas made by Larsen.

Q-ball

yea, i failed to notice it was an 800mhz antenna, anyways, what would u reccommned for putting on the back of the 350c in so far as vhf and uhf..thats what its capable of, and thats what i need good clairty in.

KC0QNB

Do you have a window in your radio room? If so you can get a mobile antenna with a base station adapter, fab a mount out of some decent thickness sheet metal long enough to clear the ground radials, fit the other end around the bottom of the window, so the bracket is tight when the window is closed, that will work pretty fair.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
If you are unable to do what QNB recommended, which is an excellent idea, you could try buying a Diamond RH77CA VHF/UHF antenna and a 90 deg BNC adapter. The adapter can be gotten at Radio Shack, and will connect between the antenna and your 350C in order to keep the antenna vertically oriented. The link to the adapter is here

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&cp=2032058.2032231.2032281&parentPage=family

The RH77CA is an excellent antenna for VHF/UHF and if you have any 800 Mhz systems close, it will pull them in as well. Make sure if you order it you get the RH77CA and not the SRH77CA - you want the one with the BNC connector. It can be purchased at many ham radio outlets, but I can recommend R&L Electronics, who carries it for $21.95. Below is the link. Hope this helps.

http://www.randl.com/cgi-local/cart/cart.cgi?cart=Search&model=rh77ca&sb=1&so=ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.