What's the best place for buying cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I think i might need some RG8X / mini as a jumper. maybe 12ft or so. don't want to spend too much but don't want to use my cheap RS cable. I want some for a portable base station or if i stick a one of my xtra dipoles out the window for the bedroom radio. Some of these ham stores have brand names i don't know or if they list any at all for premade cables. I also want a jumper that has PL259 on one end and N connector on other for low loss connection for a base antenna to make it easier/ more flexible to connect to radio. probably for that one i would have to make myself. it'd be nice to look at this stuff in person before buying, but not possible these days.

Eric Burris kc0ldt

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Funny, I am about to buy a good amount of RG8X, and happened upon the RF Connection:

http://www.therfc.com/

They've gotten good press on this site and elsewhere. I called them to ask a few questions, and they were a nice bunch of ham guys. I have to do a little more checking but I am probably going to order from them. According to their site, they can build your cable assembly.

Their RG8X is cheap, .29 to .33 cents/foot, but it looks like good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.