Need advice on antenna, for marcs , not receiving good

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, I just moved to new bloomington just outside of marion, in marion county, now, im not that far from bucyrus shp and finlay and other countys around me, I get local marcs fine, like the marion prison etc. but, nothing with any distance, I no the cable run is very important and I try to keep it under 20 feet, I tryed 75 ohm wire, but by the time i put all the adaptors on it, I think it was a loss, now I tried r6u I bleive co-ax and it is only about 18 fteet but, to me I feel I dont get the coverage, I think I should be able to get the mansfield shp post, and bucyrus post etc. and maybe wooster post, I just put up a rs discone, and even added a small 3 inch center wire on the nut .which i read a article a long time ago about adding a low band radial on top to increace the coverage of that band, with a 7/16 inch nut, all and all, I am trying to keep the wire run under 20 feet, as i was told to do , do you think the antenna is the problem, and I see guys saying they are hearing different counties all over, on the 800mhz band there is a line loss, how are they hearing so much and some saying 35 ft up? any suggestions on the type of line, how high, etc. so I can improve my receive on the pro-2096 ? any help would be appreciated, please e mail me direct if possible, at nbohioham@yahoo.com thanks, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.