Valor ProAm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
I while back I was looking for a good mag mount car ant for my 396. A bunch of you recommended the Valor ProAmPMM3B from Universial Radio. They show it as discontinued. I have not found another source. Any ideas on another vendor or another good antenna?

hntsgt

I had the same issue & someone recommended the Workman KS3. I just got it in the mail a week or so ago and I like it so far. I forget where I ordered it from. I will check my invoice when I get home.

stevolene

from what Ive found out, valor actually doesnt even make these antennas anymore, I have both the pmm3 and the ks3, both are the same, when the valor arrived, it was actually packaged in a pro-am container, it came from universal radio, the ks3 came from R&L electronics

bee

hntsqt, are you still satisfied with the "ks3" and did you receive good service from R@L? And thses are the same as the pmm3b"s, correct?

If so I will order a couple.

Thanks

hntsgt

Yes, I am satisfied with the KS3. It works great in the 800 and 400 band. I like to listen to the marine band, too, and it is OK with that. Came with 9 ft of cable which I wish was a little longer (couldn't get it to run from my trunk to radio) & BNC connector.

I did not buy it through R & L, I just found the reciept actually.

I purchased it through The K1CRA Radio Store and had it in just a few days of ordering it. He charged $15.95 + $8.07 for s/h via FedEx.

The website listed on the receipt is www.k1cra.com.

I am actually thinking of ordering another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.