Need help to find a good Non-magnetic Antenna for car

Status
Not open for further replies.

epdexplorer

I currently have a mobile magnetic mount scanner antenna, but I now want a non-magnetic mobile mount. Problem is I can't find one. Majority of my frequencies are in the 150 range. And it will be helpful if was not too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bill_White

I currently have a mobile magnetic mount scanner antenna, but I now want a non-magnetic mobile mount. Problem is I can't find one. Majority of my frequencies are in the 150 range. And it will be helpful if was not too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help

Here are a few to get you started:
Comet Mobile Antenna Mounts
Diamond Mobile Antenna Mounts, Diamond K400, K540, K550, K600, K702
Larsen Amateur Mobile Antenna Mounts NMOMM, NMOMMR, NMOTLP, NMOK, TLM
Maldol Antenna Mounts PRM-T EM-B80 MK30H

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
How about a good quality Diamond trunk lip mount or hatchback mount (you neglected to say anything about the model of the car...)? If all you are doing is 150 mhz freqs, a good quality dual band ham antenna (144/450 mhz) will give you coverage from the high end of aircraft to about 500 mhz or so (I use a Diamond dual bander, and it's excellent). I haven't tried this myself, since I use equipment that can cover a lot of freqs when mobile, but I would bet a high gain Diamond 144 mhz single bander would cover 150 mhz very well indeed. Worth looking into. 73 Mike

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I like these antenex/Laird trunk lip mounts, in black. They are low profile, perform excellent and are pretty cheap. They have matching black antennae to go with it. Or you can get them in chrome too. Just about any NMO antenna will fit. I purchased from this vendor before so I can vouch for them.

RIM Industries Public Safety Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.