Ebay satcom antenna crook is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Ha! Check out Ebay item # 300328263534, I almost lost my dinner when I saw the cheap CB gutter mount whip attached to a small camera tripod and the guy is selling it as a HF through 2.4GHz military satellite antenna. It even has the cheesy barrel shaped CB spring at the base, what a moron. You would think there is a law about scamming like this but I guess his 58 transactions and 0% positive feedback will keep his sales down.
prcguy

brandon

Database Admin
We should archive all these photos and send them over to Hamsexy. LOL... I can't believe this nut is still around.

Love this feedback quote: "Absolute junk. There is neither an antenna nor a transceiver amongst this debris"

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
wonder what the analyzer would say on this antenna. there's no way it would even do uhf as those CB antennas only work on CB and around.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
what a peice of junk and I sent him a message and can't wait to see if he returns a reply.

commscanaus

Even his American flag backdrop appears to be no more than a plastic shopping bag!

It only seems to have 17 stars!

Oh well- at least he isn't trying to sell home made aircraft parts!!

Commscanaus.

Aero12

He may as well be selling bent up coat hangers; what a piece of junk!

Aero12

And check this out; this guy also sells Mickey Mouse miniatures, which I'm sure work better as antennas than the one he's trying to push on people.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I always laugh uncontrollably when I see pictures of the "satcom" antennas on ebay. ahahah

commstar

Premium Subscriber
Based on the other items he is marketing, he must have bought out the remants of a dead Cb'er's possessions at a yard sale and then he and the ghost of Rube Goldberg put this together over a couple beers.

Kinda like lawn art with a umbra-secret CIA design motif.

Anyone who sells sprinkler controllers, K40 base loads and Sat-Com Antennas under the same screen name must be a must entertaining individual in person.

My only hope for his success is that Akmhed and Nasser buy these antennas by the gross. I hear they operate very very well in the desert environment ;<)

prcguy

Akmhed and Nasser have probably been warned by the seller, in past auctions he has said very negative words about Jews and Israel while speaking highly of Muslims. I think the American flag in his ad is a bigger scam than his products.
prcguy

Based on the other items he is marketing, he must have bought out the remants of a dead Cb'er's possessions at a yard sale and then he and the ghost of Rube Goldberg put this together over a couple beers.

Kinda like lawn art with a umbra-secret CIA design motif.

Anyone who sells sprinkler controllers, K40 base loads and Sat-Com Antennas under the same screen name must be a must entertaining individual in person.

My only hope for his success is that Akmhed and Nasser buy these antennas by the gross. I hear they operate very very well in the desert environment ;<)

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I left him a message to explain this peice of junk he is selling and here is what he told me.

(If you look closely at the picture sport, you will notice 4 dipoles in cross pattern attached to a ring near the top of the resistor. At the base are cross patch elements (Surfaces can be patterned accordingly (i.e. dielectric over insulator (rat race, serpentine, patch, etc.). 50Ohm resistor is removeable. We use 1 of these with a 2.4GHz wireless rig. Works great. Have a nice day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.