whats the best antenna for a Icom IC-2200H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummerboy123

I know I need a dual Band antenna but dont really know a good trusty site to get one from. Model number and make would be greatly apreciated.

Isn't the 2200H a 2M radio? Why the dual band antenna? I'll assume you are talking mobile. I use a Larsen NMO-150 with good result. It will supposedly do 70cm well also but I run a V8000 in the mobile so I wouldn't know. My base antenna is a copper J pole that does the trick very well.

Isn't the 2200H a 2M radio? Why the dual band antenna? I'll assume you are talking mobile. I use a Larsen NMO-150 with good result. It will supposedly do 70cm well also but I run a V8000 in the mobile so I wouldn't know. My base antenna is a copper J pole that does the trick very well.

Yeah you cant beat a jpole I'm sorry but a few of my buddies have ringo rangers and other manufacturer name brand antenna's and my homemade jpole puts those in the dust. And combined with my 2200's 65 watts of power man talk about a godly setup. I can hit repeaters well over 75 miles away even during poor band conditions and my jpole is maybe 10 foot off the ground. Its cheap, easy to build if you know what you are doing, and out performs most antennas that I know of.

I know I need a dual Band antenna but dont really know a good trusty site to get one from. Model number and make would be greatly apreciated.

Mobile wise...a 5/8 wave nmo whip antenna. I'm sure there are other ones but that's what I use and its great and for a base antenna...go with the copper j pole you'll save possibly 100$ if you build the jpole there are many designs for it here is a link to get you started: A 146 Mhz J-Pole Antenna by dxzone.com

KD0FMG

Status
Not open for further replies.