Military Application vs Hobbyist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoleman

I've recently seen a couple of military/commercial application antennas for the milcom block of frequencies, the AT-197/GR and the DC-2250, that have caught my attention. As mentioned these antennas are designed for the 225-400 MHz range. I do realize that these are designed with transmission capability, that aside, is there any great advantage from the listening standpoint over the many antennas that are produced for the scanning hobby.

I'd be interested in any comparisons that the group may have.

Thanks for your time and input...
Keith

Fast1eddie

I was involved in AFSATCOM when I was active duty. We had to replace a omni panel mount SAT antenna once for some reason....my buddy and I took it home and connected it to his AOR 2001 and were amazed at the reception of not only SAT digital comms, but also the local MP's and Italian police-operating on high band. Quality construction like you have never seen before!

Ed

zguy1243

I use the AT-197/GR discone. It is a amazing performer on the 225-400Mhz band. I would not own anything else. I have 3 of them in use and I think I have another that I could sell if you get the bug....

I've recently seen a couple of military/commercial application antennas for the milcom block of frequencies, the AT-197/GR and the DC-2250, that have caught my attention. As mentioned these antennas are designed for the 225-400 MHz range. I do realize that these are designed with transmission capability, that aside, is there any great advantage from the listening standpoint over the many antennas that are produced for the scanning hobby.

I'd be interested in any comparisons that the group may have.

Thanks for your time and input...
Keith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.