In car install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtl828

I was planning to do an install and wanting to make sure this would work. I am planning on buying:

Larsen NMO Tri-Band from TESSCO Item # 427126
Larsen Trunk mount from TESSCO, NMO, UHF/M Item # 90866

Since the trunk mount say UHF/M, will i need to crimp the connector to the cable or will it already be pre-made? I don't have crimpers to crimp the connector on the wire. I was planning just using an adapter to go from uhf/f to sma/m. I realize going through an adapter there will be some loss. Could someone make sure I am going in the right direction?

SCPD

QRT
It just depends on how Larsen packages that particular mount. Some vendors preinstall everything and others let you do it. You could always go buy your own UHF male connector from Radio Shack. They have non-crimp versions that go on fairly easy if you can use a soldering iron.

You won't lose that much signal with the adapter. (You could always buy a SMA male connector and install that instead.)

mtl828

Does anyone know how Larsen packages their Larsen Trunk mount from TESSCO, NMO, UHF/M Item # 90866. I am wondering if the uhf male is already attached to the wire. I realize that they have a non-crimp versions that go on fairly easy if i use a soldering iron but i currently do not have one.

fineshot1

Does anyone know how Larsen packages their Larsen Trunk mount from TESSCO, NMO, UHF/M Item # 90866. I am wondering if the uhf male is already attached to the wire. I realize that they have a non-crimp versions that go on fairly easy if i use a soldering iron but i currently do not have one.

Per the picture of tessco item # 90866 there is a PL 259 with a reducer included
but the PL 259 is NOT connected to the end of the cable.

Larsen Trunk Lid Mounts - Trunk mount, NMO, UHF/M

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I've ordered lots of LARSEN antenna kits and the only ones that I've seen with installed connectors are the magnetic mounts.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.