UHF Rubber Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewey

Does anyone know of a retailer that sells the plain old fashioned UHF rubber duck? I would like to find a couple more BNC and a couple SMA versions.

TIA... Dewey

Attachments

• Photo_082809_001.jpg
    Photo_082809_001.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 214

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Dewey have you considered using a UHF amateur duckie? Usually they would be broadbanded enough on receive that they would be an effective solution - unless you are transmitting with these?

73 Mik

Dewey

Dewey have you considered using a UHF amateur duckie? Usually they would be broadbanded enough on receive that they would be an effective solution - unless you are transmitting with these?

73 Mik

Thanks Mike. Do you know of anyone local where I may be able to take a look? Yes, the use would be scanner, but I still would like to narrow in on the UHF band since that is the weakest portion of the 396T receivers... at least mine and several others here.

Dewey

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Strictly as a guess, I would try HRO Woodbridge . I wouldn't turn my nose up at a dual bander HT antenna, either. I have an old MFJ model that works quite well on my 245, and works acceptably on 800 to boot.

I can't say that my UHF reception on the 396 is bad - I have programmed it for several freqs when I travel to NJ, and have no problems hearing what I want, using an Austin Spectra on my car. I can usually hear the BWI 400 mhz systems with no problem, although it's an unfair test - I'm 15 minutes from them.

HTH 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.