Is bhis doable/possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have an antenna using rg6 cable with F connectors I want to add a loop that is flexible thin cable that has PL 259's on both ends) to take strain off the BNC connector on the scanner. . me & the RS man spent almost a hour) trying to figure this out.. also needed is an right angle BNC ( female on both ends?. to experiment with other antennas on the Pro 106
Is thatt even possbile or do I need to go a different route??
Paul

DPD1

For the second thing, search on: BNC 90 degree back of scanner

They're out there.

On the cable... Why 259 between the two cables? I would get an F Female/BNC Female adapter. Then your small cable with male BNC on one end and whatever the radio uses on the other. There's always more options with BNC. I doubt RS will have everything, but somebody online will.

SCPD

QRT

They're out there.

On the cable... Why 259 between the two cables? I would get an F Female/BNC Female adapter. Then your small cable with male BNC on one end and whatever the radio uses on the other. There's always more options with BNC. I doubt RS will have everything, but somebody online will.

t already have the patch cable iwth the 259's & would like to use that , I did however buy a short piece of RG6 with F connectors & a coupler am trying that now.
thanks . The sanner has the normal BNC on it
Paul

SCPD

QRT

They're out there.

which cable would you suggest:) for the patch cord. I have the F to Bnc adapter already. the reason fo Right angle is the way the Pro 106 is setup I would like to try & expeimant with various hand held antennas the Diamond RH 77 i think it is & the other after market 1 for hand helds

Status
Not open for further replies.