VHF Line of site calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
Using this site: VHF/UHF Line of Sight Calculator

What exactly do I enter? I am thinking (because it says ASL, Above Sea Level) I would go to the database and find the elevation of the site I want to reach, which is 390m and the antenna height at that site 121m, add those together and get 511m this is what I would enter for the First Station.

Now I find my elevation which is 377m and add my antenna height 5.5m for a total of 382.5, I then enter this in for Second Station.

Is this correct?

Squad10

Using this site: VHF/UHF Line of Sight Calculator

What exactly do I enter? I am thinking (because it says ASL, Above Sea Level) I would go to the database and find the elevation of the site I want to reach, which is 390m and the antenna height at that site 121m, add those together and get 511m this is what I would enter for the First Station.

Now I find my elevation which is 377m and add my antenna height 5.5m for a total of 382.5, I then enter this in for Second Station.

Is this correct?

You are doing it right. Just keep in mind that the calculator does not take into account many factors that could affect the resultant prediction.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
You are doing it right. Just keep in mind that the calculator does not take into account many factors that could affect the resultant prediction.

Yes that is happening for sure... the tower I am trying to receive from is actually about 38 miles as the crow fly's but I can only get it at night and with certain weather conditions as there are some rolling hills in between.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.