best kind of outside antenna for bcd996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollerdog

Hey there boys!! I;ve had some scanners in the past. but never fiddle'ed with outside antennas, i live way up in a holler in calhoun co. wv and was just wonderin what the best outside antenna i should buy. the reviews on radio shack crap don't impress me at all, dont mind spendin a hundred or so on one, our 911 center just installed a digital console from what i heard with the cluase that they would try it and see, just installed not operational, we have 2 repeaters, one maybe 6 miles from me. I do have some wind storms that come by mostly in the winter months, I'd rather spend the extra bucks and get somethiong that won't fall apart like the radio shack crap!! I'm buying the bcd996xt now becuase i figure sooner than later everthing will go digital even tho this is as rural as u get. I guess what i want is a all around good antenna as i am a bit new to the hobby, but i;d rather buy quality now then have to be pissed off with cheap crap and have to redo it all over again. And one more Q dimesions say the bcd996xt is 2,2 in in hiegth, they are taking about the display right!!! Thanks sure i will have more Q's on this scanner, great site to!

blackbeltrk

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 antenna's from rat shack and actually they have gave me better performance then some high end antennas i have used. They have pulled in everything i have wanted so far and that includes a p25 system 800mhz that a $400.00 pro antenna couldnt pull in and it was made for 800mhz only. But for some reason my $30.00 rat shock antenna pick up the p25 great from 25 miles away. Anyhow good luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.