Another modification success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I decided that my Hustler MRM magmount just was not quite working as good as I wanted on the bands I need... Sooooo
Y'all know me... I experiment! I did a lil measureing, then cutting... I chopped off about ten inches and retuned... Now its twice as good on VHF Hi, UHF, and 800! I am also aquiring an 20 foot mast and hope to soon have an good antenna for it,... Eventually even an yagi....

LOL anyone with old whip elements they don't need, send em my way, I love experimentation...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Any pics milf? I have one in the shed I might mess with.
N9ZAS

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I will get some pics this wknd of the modded ant.. it basically looks the same... but shorter base whip to the coil... Its quite simple if you know the actual antenna lengths of antenna used in the band you want to hear.... I have not touched the top end whip, as I have found that usually the top segments are as nearly perfect as you want, unless all you want is say 700/800/900... Then you chop both ends till overall length is between 12 to 18 inches complete. I need everything but VHF Lo.... No one I want to hear is using that band, except MS Highway Patrol, and thats about to change, and I rarely get back to MS much......

If I need Lo band for any reason I have an old CB whip I can tune perfectly as I have done this too many times to count now.

Status
Not open for further replies.