800 mhz digital trunking antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion8

I am looking to get a new antenna for my Uniden BC796D. I mainly only monitor an 800 mhz digital trunking system that is about 20 miles away from my home. I am looking at getting an antenna that I could put in my attic possibly. Either way, if anyone has any suggestions about any type of good antenna to get it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
800 MHz digital trunking antenna

You didn't specify, however I am presuming that you are seeking a directional antenna. If so there are tons of yagis & log periodics manufactured by a large number of companies from very economical to extremely expensive. Check the RR antenna WIKI to familiarize yourself with what is available & to learn the pros & cons of each type of antenna you may be interested in. I have used both of these antennas listed below before & I highly recommend them both, lightweight, affordable, well made & use N connectors, very important in the 800 MHz range. Everybody has a favorite antenna for whatever reason however in my opinion they both satisfied my scanning needs.

Maxrad MYA87012 Yagi
Wireless Antenna, Network Dish Antenna, Antenna Cables, Wireless LAN antenna, Wifi Antenna, Omni Antenna - WLANMall.com

DPD 700-1000 MHz Log Periodic
DPD Productions - Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.