Just looking for a quick recommendation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Hey, everyone. I'm currently shopping around for a second antenna for my office. So far, I've got one of these: ANT135BNC, INDOOR BASE OR MOBILE ALL BAND SCANNER ANTENNA, WITH BNC CONNECTOR - Scanner World - The Largest Dealer of Scanning Radios in the World which does a GREAT job with UHF (460-480ish) band stuff and higher end 800 mhz and 900 mhz trunking systems (Mass State PD mainly).

The 2nd antenna I'm looking for would be for a scanner that would mainly cover the VHF Public Safety bands (150-170) and some of the UHF stuff. This antenna doesnt seem to do quite as well at the VHF level. There are a couple stipulations:

1. I'm not able to mount anything outdoors, so it would be an indoor antenna.
2, I also don't ahve the room to put a full sized discone on a stand in my office.. its kinda small.

So basically, somethig indoor, that CAN have a magnetic mount. I've enlisted the help of a cookie sheet for my primary scanner antenna :)

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone! This is a GREAT hobby and I'm psyched that I"m getting more into it :)

Scott

azlooker

For the vhf/uhf, if you have a metal filing cabinet in your office, try a magnetic mount with a 17-19 inch whip mobile antenna. I have them mounted on my vehicle and use them for tx/rx on both vhf and uhf and they work great. The cookie sheet will make a good ground plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.