Diamond RH-77CA VS NAGOYA NA-771

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatshovel

Well I am looking for a replacement better antenna for my stock antenna that came with my PSR500. I have heard good things about the Diamond antenna but then I saw the Nagoya antenna and was attracted by the price of the Nagoya vs the Diamond. Just wanted to see if anyone here has used the Nagoya and if so how does it stack up the the Diamond. The antenna will be used on my PSR500 radio as I do a lot of scanning on VHF and UHF and a little of 800mhz from time to time in my area. I think for the price I should also get one to replace the stock antenna on my Yaesu FT60 as well and see if it improves performance when hitting the repeaters in my local area.

What do you guys and gals think?

Thanks,
Joe

Swipesy

Using a PSR500 for VHF and UHF is not the best. While you will receive in that range the radio is much better suited for trunking in the 800 band. You would be better off to buy the RS 800 band rubber duck and get good reception across most bands.

blaster668

I originally bought a Diamond RH-77CA and was very happy with it. I was later looking for an antenna for another radio and came across the Nagoya, which I purchased. I am pretty certain that they are the exact same antenna. I cannot find a single difference except the label. They even come in the same package. Performance is identical as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.