Dipole Array vs Omnidirectional

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Dipole array vs omnidirectional

The first website displays a Laird YPA1504 4-bay dipole array ($315.18) not the 2-bay dipole array which is the YPA1502 2-bay dipole array ($154.53) The VG1506 omnidirectional antenna list for ($210.00) These are commercial grade antennas that "extreme" scanner enthusiest use. You can find more affordable good quality antennas at:

DPD Productions - Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack.

[!] The man formerly known as FLRAILMAN

prcguy

The exposed dipole array has more omni gain per size than any other antenna I know of period. If you find another type of 20ft long VHF omni antenna that advertises more than 6dBD gain its a lie.

The 4-bay dipol array will have about 7 or 8dB gain over a discone (on one band) and it will stick up around 18ft higher than the discone using the same mast. If you can pick up something weakly now with a Discone or Scantenna it will be plenty strong with a large dipole array.
prcguy

The first website displays a Laird YPA1504 4-bay dipole array ($315.18) not the 2-bay dipole array which is the YPA1502 2-bay dipole array ($154.53) The VG1506 omnidirectional antenna list for ($210.00) These are commercial grade antennas that "extreme" scanner enthusiest use. You can find more affordable good quality antennas at:

DPD Productions - Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack.

[!] The man formerly known as FLRAILMAN

Yeah, but I don't need a all band antenna I had plenty discone antennas they are good for what they meant for and my scantenna also. I don't mind paying for that much for a good antenna.

The exposed dipole array has more omni gain per size than any other antenna I know of period. If you find another type of 20ft long VHF omni antenna that advertises more than 6dBD gain its a lie.

The 4-bay dipol array will have about 7 or 8dB gain over a discone (on one band) and it will stick up around 18ft higher than the discone using the same mast. If you can pick up something weakly now with a Discone or Scantenna it will be plenty strong with a large dipole array.
prcguy

That's what I'm looking for I have very few 400mhz that I listen to and most are patch to VHF, but some of those patches don't come in that clear I bet that dipol would make up for it. I also like that's only 24" not that tall to piss off everyone in my neighborhood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.