Hd-tv antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

getitfixed

I have a pro 106 and were i live i have poor reception i got me a r/s 800mhz still not good. Went to wal-mart got me a chep philips h.d-tv antenna for $19.95 and it help alot. Better reception then the r/s 800 antenna

k8tmk

Although you are not using the antenna for television, just be aware that there really is no such thing as an "hd antenna." These words are sometimes added to a product as an advertising gimmick. Any decent TV antenna will work fine for HD, HD-widescreen, or standard definition TV.

Randy

SCPD

QRT
I have a pro 106 and were i live i have poor reception i got me a r/s 800mhz still not good. Went to wal-mart got me a chep philips h.d-tv antenna for $19.95 and it help alot. Better reception then the r/s 800 antenna

You don't say what you are scanning, but I'll assume you are scanning an 800MHz system only. If you are scanning VHF lo/high and UHF it's no wonder it isn't working since it is rated for 800MHz only.

I have the same R/S 800MHz and it works great for me. Is distance and issue in your case, as that can affect performance as well. Also, try moving the scanner to a different location, might work too.

Good luck and happy listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.