Pre Amp Power Injector

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKolo

Anybody know of a company that just sells the power injector for a Pre Amp, RS was clueless and the ones i found on Ebay had the amp also.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know of a company that just sells the power injector for a Pre Amp, RS was clueless and the ones i found on Ebay had the amp also.

What make amp is it?

Stridsberg sells a power injector.
It is called a "Bias T". They offer different connectors for it and you supply the power adapter that has the correct voltage rating for your amp.
You may need to redo the tip of the power supply so it plugs into whatever the bias T has for a power jack. I thionk they will also sell opne with a solder post feedthru cap for your power supply leads.
They may be a bit more than you were expecting though. Try googling for a bias T. They are a very simple circuit that you could build easily.

Link to Bias T: Receiver Accessories

Last edited:

GKolo

The Amp is a Scientific Atlanta single port.......As far as me building it...........YEA RIGHT !
I think somewhere someplace a court order is in place banning me from doing and electrical type work....lol

n5ims

You may check the web for one that will work for what you've got. Here's one to help you start your search Winegard PS1503 Power Injector Inserter for Pre-Amp Power Supply for ChromStar Series 120 VAC Input PS10 with Diplexer Antenna Supply In-Line Outdoor Off-Air Aerial Signal Boosters / Preamplifiers, Part # PS-1503: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home O

Depending on how what you end up with is designed, you may need one of these to stop the power from flowing back into your equipment as well a1Components - Skywalker Signature Series DC Block, each

GKolo

Do they sell it without the power supply ? I have one that came with the amp that i would assume will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.