WEP 2000 thru glass antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

petty4305

Premium Subscriber
Hey everbody, I just bought a WEP-2000 thru glass dual band(2m/70cm) antenna. I installed it on one of the rear side windows. Every time I pulled into the garage it would hit so I cut some off. I cut about 2 1/2in. off. My question is; will that much effect the performance of the antenna?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Any time you change the lenght of the whip it will have some effect on the performance. On glass are not the best for any kind of radio.

ke5lvt

the best thing you can do right now is throw that antenna away, get another and put it a little lower on the glass. (if you must have a glass mt. antenna) sorry not trying to be an ***, but cutting the antenna will effect proformance and may damage the radio over time.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Glass Mount

Hey everbody, I just bought a WEP-2000 thru glass dual band(2m/70cm) antenna. I installed it on one of the rear side windows. Every time I pulled into the garage it would hit so I cut some off. I cut about 2 1/2in. off. My question is; will that much effect the performance of the antenna?

Reportedly, glass antennas are not preferred for performance. I can't really say because I've never owned one. My friends tell me that their performance is substandard when compared with other ones.

I think my friend told me the better version of a glass antenna might have a ground on it. I prefer using magnetic mounts even though the coax runs through the door opening. If you must use this method, find a door that opened less frequent.

lep

Do you use it for transmitting or receivng? If it is for a scanner, probably won't make a lot of differnece.
If it is used for transmitting, it is probably not of use any more, get another antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.