Antennas for Uniden BC346XTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerguy16

I would like to know if there are any antennas that could help/allow me to pick up Logan International Airport (BOS) from about 64 miles away?? Also Worcester, MA Regional (ORH) from about 14 miles away? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
What exactly are you trying to receive at Logan and Worcester? Normal civilian aircraft comms in the 110-136mHz range? Aircraft ground operations? Security? Fire? Airline ground ops? Vendors? From 64 miles away is going to be near impossible (unless you are in a plane or a skyscraper building and have permission to put antennas on the roof). Worcester may be possible, but aircraft ground ops / controllers and even tower aren't likely. It's important to properly answer the question so that we know what it is you will be monitoring and can advise what's possible.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if there are any antennas that could help/allow me to pick up Logan International Airport (BOS) from about 64 miles away?? Also Worcester, MA Regional (ORH) from about 14 miles away? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You want to get an antenna mast up above your roof line. Then, either make yourself a Yagi antenna or buy one. If you want to listen to both airports, get a rotator to turn the antenna around. Don't skimp on the coax. You might need a pre-amp for Logan Int'l.

Status
Not open for further replies.