Diamond RH771 vs RH77CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Diamond RH771 and RH77CA

What's the difference in those two antennas?

I am looking to pull in more with the Pro97. Are one of these a good antenna for VHF-High

RayK

The RH77CA is for receiving and transmitting on 2m/70cm
the RH771 has the same specs but for receiving only
hope this helps,I have the RH77cA and it works great

safetyobc

Thanks!

Would there be any difference in receive capabilities on either one? Or are they both the same as far as receive goes?

Al42

The 771 is for transmitting on 2 and 440 and receive only on the rest - same as the 77CA. They're the same length and claim the same gain.

safetyobc, I use the 77C (the SMA version, but the antenna is the same). It's great for VHF-hi, great for UHF, as good as can be expected for VHF-lo and no better than the antenna that came with my 396 on 850. For VHF-hi, I say go for it - either one.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Al42 said:
Meaning? Slightly different frequencies? Or not even that?
I purchased this antenna. Package labels it as the RH771. The rest of the package lettering is Japanese. It's approximately an inch longer than the Diamond RH77CA that I got from Universal Radio. I don't see any significant difference in performance between the two. One's on my 330, the other on my 246.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
I have one. There is far less fuzz and interference on local freqs. I can reach out another 5-10 miles on VHF with it than my rubber duck that came with my GRE. I find that it really helps on my old uniden, but less so on my PSR300. I think that this has to do with the fact that the GRE is just so sensitive that I could jam a butter knife into the BNC and pick up 20 miles away.

It is hard to get an idea of a max distance increase other than what i mentioned because of terrain limitations. I try to eliminate this by getting up on a hill, but some schmuck usually has a mast with a big repeater that just soaks the front-end with trunking blasts. CT is too densely populated for me.

ke2yk

The RH771 is designed for certain Chinese knockoff radios like the BAOFENG UV-5R wiht the FEMALE SMA connector. Be aware that the RH771 has a MALE SMA connector. Most newer HT's today are MALE SMA and Scanners are usually BNC.

There is of course the poor performing cheap knock offs like this one with the MALE SMA connector.

NAGOYA NA-701 DUAL BAND 144/430Mhz U/V SMA-F Antenna For BAOFENG UV-5R WOUXUN KG-UVD1P

Looking for Baofeng Gear? Check Out ehamstore.com/baofeng.html

Last edited:

JustLou

The RH771 is designed for certain Chinese knockoff radios like the BAOFENG UV-5R wiht the FEMALE SMA connector. Be aware that the RH771 has a MALE SMA connector. Most newer HT's today are MALE SMA and Scanners are usually BNC.

There is of course the poor performing cheap knock offs like this one with the MALE SMA connector.

NAGOYA NA-701 DUAL BAND 144/430Mhz U/V SMA-F Antenna For BAOFENG UV-5R WOUXUN KG-UVD1P

Looking for Baofeng Gear? Check Out ehamstore.com/baofeng.html

The RH771 should be a BNC antenna, and the SRH771 should be the SMA version. Any SMA Diamond antenna labeled as an "RH" is counterfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.