Antenna Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
I have two questions regarding recommendations for antennas.

I am looking for an NMO mount scanner antenna for my truck. I have roof mounted NMO's however, I am in a predicament due to my usage. I am dealing with a mixed basket if you will, of systems that I listen to. The county I live in is on a mix of 800MHZ and VHF-Hi, and the next county over that I work in is on 800MHZ. The problem comes with another neighboring county that my fire department runs a lot of mutual aid with is currently on a Low Band (33MHZ) system. I am looking for an NMO antenna that will cover 25-800/900MHZ, if there is such an antenna out there.

Next, I am looking for an NMO mount dual band antenna that will ideally cover from 146-170mhz and from 440-470mhz. I have in the past found a few around however I was not pleased with the reviews of the equipment.

Thank you in advance for the assistance!

lu81fitter

I just purchased the same antenna without the spring about 2 weeks ago. I don't monitor any Lo-Band, so I cannot attest to the performance there, but it works well on the VHF/UHF DMR frequencies I monitor and also well on the 700/800 P25 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.