TMC/TPEG Traffic Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr60user

Trying to get my car to receive better HD FM traffic, every time I add on length to the existing antenna wire for the traffic receiver i loose RSSI bars... Any good antennas for this? Also vertical or horizontal placement?

lmrtek

HD FM is still 88-108mhz so the same 31 inch long antenna that has been used since day one is still the optimum length today

pr60user

HD FM is still 88-108mhz so the same 31 inch long antenna that has been used since day one is still the optimum length today

Had plans to unsolder the stock and put an all-band bnc rubber duck to it, guess it won't help. Transmitter is weak as hell. And I am far away.

JamesO

Is the problem really a weak signal??

The signal you want may be getting swamped by other adjacent strong stations.

Need far more info on the vehicle and set up along with the market and location you are in. Is this a OE radio with HD and Traffic or are you using a separate HD/Traffic receiver?

You can start by checking out stations using this site and post the info - FM Fool - Home

pr60user

garmin gtm60 HD RX, Toyota Rav4

If interference from car, how can i stop it inside car?

PS database on this is google earth tx list 2010, that's old!

Attachments

• Radar-FM.jpg
    Radar-FM.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

mm

Are you using the Garmin 010-11282-00 antenna extension cable, this is a 9 dollar accessory antenna cable which enables you to get an improved antenna high up and in the clear on your vehicles window?

If you have the accessory antenna cable then there isn't much you can do to improve the performance and it is most likely your vehicles glass attenuating the signal..

pr60user

Are you using the Garmin 010-11282-00 antenna extension cable, this is a 9 dollar accessory antenna cable which enables you to get an improved antenna high up and in the clear on your vehicles window?

If you have the accessory antenna cable then there isn't much you can do to improve the performance and it is most likely your vehicles glass attenuating the signal..

That antenna sold is a ruse and does not improve reception, the 2.5mm jack on the garmin is for garmin techs to either run diagnostics, flash or update firmware for the rx itself. Not an antenna placement point.

Status
Not open for further replies.