Diamond SRH519 vs SRH815

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi All.
Besides the 1.5" difference, and the dual band / tri-band differences.....
... How does the Diamond SRH519 and SRH815 antennas compare to each other?

I was really looking at getting the SHR815 for my BR300t to replace the stock antenna.
A coworker went to Dayton, and was only able to locate the SHR519, so he picked one up for me.

Using it strictly as a scanner antenna (my HAM HT only has BNC), does one out perform each other, or are they just about equal in "performance"?

I was still thinking of spending the $30 for the 815...but do I really need two antennas that are almost the same, except for an extra transmit band…that I will never use?

Also, for those of you who buy online...where did you pick yours up from? I was just going to go with HRO or AES, as I was hoping to have it delivered to Long Island before this Memorial Day Weekend.

Thanks!

baconorham

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I know it's 10 years later but I'm curious if you ever figured this out as I have the same question. I'm looking for a great antenna to replace my VX-8DR's stock ducky without being taller than its already 10-inch length.

I'm currently considering:

Comet SMA-3
Diamond SRH519
Diamond SRH815
Watson WSMA-801

Thank you.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently considering:

Comet SMA-3
Diamond SRH519
Diamond SRH815
Watson WSMA-801
I personally have not tried those, but you can read reviews of those antennas on eham.net and Amazon. Reviews for the Diamond antennas you were mentioned were mostly positive. I've heard generally positive things about the Watson 801. Hope this helps.

Jim

questnz

1+ for Watson WSMA-801, a very good antenna. My favor antenna for "out of the vehicle" scanning.
Half size of Diamond RH/SRH77ca versions eg SRH771 and Watson WSMA-881 super gainer with similar performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.