RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Scanner / Receiver Equipment Reviews

Scanner / Receiver Equipment Reviews - A forum for reviews of scanner and receiver hardware along with related accessories. Please read the forum Sticky before creating a thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 9:54 PM

Thumbs down gre psr-120 mini review.

when i first got my new gre psr-120, i was really looking forward to doing a review. that was about a month past. well here goes.

instructions for using the psr-120:

1. open box.
2.put in batteries.
3.attach antenna.
4.throw POS in garbage.
5.circumvent steps 1-4, and buy the uniden bc125at instead.

i really HATE this scanner. here are the few nice things about it. nice package,loud,big display,conservative on batteries. the rest is pretty much all bad. almost no useable squelch function,front end overload galore,tiny keys,stiff keys,no attenuator feature,cannot even compete with the oldest/cheapest scanners for receiving nearby signals.is equally useless for searching and spectrumsweeping. see my comment's in the post psr-120 release thread.

unless you really want to be disappointed,don't buy this thing !.
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2012, 4:04 PM

you're definitely not the first person ive seen complain about the squelch on this radio. I had my reservations about it, and sure enough, i seem to have been right.

I would love to pick up a bc125at if enough people could guarantee me that i wouldnt miss the first half second of every transmission, with DPL tones enabled. Like i do on the 396xt (and my previous 346xt, and radio shack pro 160).. If it wasnt for that i would without a doubt own more unidens
Old 05-23-2016, 4:04 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfdems286 View Post
,no attenuator feature,cannot even compete with the oldest/cheapest scanners for receiving nearby signals.is equally useless for searching and spectrumsweeping. see my comment's in the post psr-120 release thread.
The scanner DOES have attenuation, but it's per channel only. (Hit Function + 6) It is still the worst scanner I have ever owned. A Baofeng has better receive! The worst scanner GRE put out IMO.