Video: Severe Storm Hits My Neighborhood/House!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
IIRC, only four people in the past sixty years of storm chasing have been killed while chasing. Four is not considered 'a lot'.

They're probably looking at the people that are actually "storm chasing" from a vehicle, for the purpose of doing so. I'm referring more the all the people just go outside, to shoot videos, or take pictures. I'm not sure how you would actually gather statistics on that.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They're probably looking at the people that are actually "storm chasing" from a vehicle, for the purpose of doing so. I'm referring more the all the people just go outside, to shoot videos, or take pictures. I'm not sure how you would actually gather statistics on that.
I do, just check the Coroners office. ;). 73, n9zas

DoctorZ

Looks like you were lucky! Be careful. A lot of people are getting killed chasing storms. Not worth it.

I'm more worried about getting killed in my yard cutting down broken trees. I've had a couple fall while I'm cleaning up already this year! Another tree was cracking in the breeze for several days before I was able to get it cut down. It was close enough to hit the house!

DoctorZ

It's best if you wish to chase to shoot video or take pictures of storms to have a designated driver who isn't all that interested in storms driving. That way you are free to shoot your footage while they concentrate on the safe driving. Not at all that different from going out drinking at a party with a "designated driver" ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.