The mess in Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Currently the 0130-0230 UT English broadcast to NA is on 7235 and 9495 - I confirmed this from looking it up on the combined NASWA spreadsheet the other night, just after the elections. These are 2 different transmitter sites, as I recall, and 9495 was coming in better here in Maryland than 7235.

It might be wise to also keep tabs on Turkey's broadcasts, as the 2 countries have been friendly for many years. Contrasting that with the national media can be interesting in terms of take on the much contested Presidential elections.

This is one time when SWBC can open your eyes a bit to viewpoints from others on the world stage. You may not agree with them, but being informed about them helps. I work on a multi national team, so the value to me is obvious.

73 Mike

SCPD

QRT
Mike, I'm listening to 17760 BBC ... talking about Iran right now. Coming in quite strong here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Heard them here on both freqs. They started off with Koranic chants, as they always do, then went into their rather slanted news (a bit dated at first, still talking about the Khameni pronouncements on Friday - again...). They might not be making it to the West Coast - the 7 mhz freq was a bit stronger and clearer tonight than 9 - keeping in mind that the NASWA list mentions 2 different transmitter sites. They started talking a bit about the riots and the 'interference in Iran's internal affairs'. Typical dribble....73 Mike

ridgescan

Wow good catch Mike:) funny-propogation is really good here tonight-stuff is booming in strong-wonder why I can't get them. Oh well all I got was a ham on 7232. I'll try again tomorrow on.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
For Iran freqs that are making to the West Coast, I'd suggest jumping on the ASWLC Yahoo mailing list, which is based in California. .73 Mike

Last edited:

mpcarlino

I was able to hear both stations reasonably well two nights ago here in the Buffalo region. It was a pretty noisy night for me last night, so I heard virtually nothing.

Thanks for the tip, Mike. It really was an interesting listen, especially given the current state of affairs in Iran.

gcgrotz

Attn west coasters:

Iran should get better for you as the days get shorter toward fall so keep checking. The more of that path is in darkness, the better it will be.

Last night 7235 was S9+30 on my IC746 with the 43ft vertical. Hard to miss. Also strong on 9495 but some QRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.