Honduras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There may be some out there wondering if there's anything out of Honduras that we can hear.

Unfortunately we're getting into that time of year when tropical band stuff gets more difficult, with increased absorption and noise from thunderstorms. While there isn't any national stations per se, the only one I can think of would be 3340 HRMI R Misiones. As you might guess from the name, it is a religious station, and has numerous English language programs. I think I've seen some reports of news items from time to time, but not regularly. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they've shut down for now, due to the coup, and the frequency does wander a couple of khz either way. It's not going to be easy to hear, if they actually are still on the air.

As usual, keeping an ear on the well known World of Radio, the NASWA list and the other various SWL related groups (such as ASWLC for our Pacific friends) will bear fruit, if there's any to be had. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

73 Mike

SCPD

QRT
This is what I have for Honduras - which isn't much. These are all mostly low-power stations. 4819khz is 5kw, the rest are probably 1kw.

3250khz Radio Luz y Vida, San Luis 1100-1600, 2200-0400
3340khz Radio Misiones International "Radio Mi", Comayaguela
4819khz LV Evangelica, Tegucigalpa
5010khz Radio Misiones Interational, Comayaguela 1200-0500

k9rzz

Too much noise up here in WI to even think about tropical band DX. Every thunderstorm in the nation is just a single E skip away from here!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
LV Evangelica is not a common catch as it once was - 5kw it ain't, and particularly so with CODAR in that part of the band. Not easy to get anything without a political slant (i.e. Cuba or Venezuela via Cuba) out of that area anymore (sigh) 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.