Shortwave Transmitter Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

I recently subscribed to this Yahoo group: shortwavesites : Shortwave Radio Transmitter Site Archive

More info: shortwavesites

This is an awesome resource to learn about all the different shortwave broadcasting sites around the world with lots of good photos of the antennas. Since material is submitted from people all around the world, they have images that you would never find with a Google search, such as this page written in Japanese:

KDDI”ª–“ From this link, oogle all the antennas, then hit the link at the bottom of that page which probably says "Home". That leads to another page written in Japanese that's loaded with more links of more antennas! Wow!

3P1010064.jpg

On that site I found this image which shows a 4 wire "open wire" transmission line which I've seen in the antenna hand books but never saw in actual use. Sure enough, it's an actual design used in real life!

2P1010015.jpg

They have images from far away places such as India and Russia that you'll never find elsewhere.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You have to laugh with some of those translations but man that is one serious antenna site

best regards..Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't speak Japanese (I know a few common phrases - my father taught me...) so I realize that the English translation is a bit broken; but take a look at the November 2006 pix - the third one, specifically- and read the translation. As this is a family site, all I'll say is - priceless...best regards..Mike

k9rzz

I see now. Yes, you are right, I had to laugh too. Knowing engineers, though, that's probably what they are called.

icon12.gif

k9rzz

This one is really neat: NHK Tokyo (Radio Japan)

A pair of stacked rhombics up ??? ft on spliced telephone poles. Dude!

Hook that up to your receiver or ham gear and see what you get!

2P1010047.jpg

2P1010052.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.