Pirate Radio 9825kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Getting World Harvest Radio a pirate SW radio station with some really good Rock music on 9825 AM.Said to be in the Boston area.

Time:0417 UTC

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nope, not a pirate. That would be WHRI out of Indiana, if memory serves. Check the master spreadsheet for the callsign. Much more likely the program you were hearing was produced in Boston...

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Nope, not a pirate. That would be WHRI out of Indiana, if memory serves. Check the master spreadsheet for the callsign. Much more likely the program you were hearing was produced in Boston...

best regards..Mike

Hmmm...maybe it wasn't WHRI? They kept rattling off a list of other quote "pirate" radio broadcasts freqs and the times they could be heard.I did hear World Harvest Radio mentioned but I can't find that freq on WHRI schedule.It was interesting to listen to and the music program rocked! Im going to see if I can catch them again tonight.

Thanks Mike

SCPD

QRT
I stand corrected Mike. I did find 9825 on the WHR schedule. Maybe they were re-broadcasting a Boston area station like you suggested.

WHR-0400 - 0800 12:00 AM-4:00 AM on 9.825kHz

k9rzz

A true pirate running 100w, 1,000w, or even 5,000w would be crazy to hang out in the land of the giants using 100,000w or more. They wouldn't be heard. That's why they use oddball frequencies.

eriley

He may have been hearing DXing with Cumbre with their Pirate radio report.

Status
Not open for further replies.