Salem Estereo 14950

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We hear so much about N American (and some Euro) pirates that I thought I might toss something oddball that we don't often hear about - a Columbian (or Mexican) pirate (or so it seems)...

The freq actually varies a bit around 14950.7 or so, and it's thought that this is being run by a Pentacostal operation They were on FM but lost their license - they were trying for a HF license, but after this operation, who knows?

Anyway, it seems to be reported in the 2245-0100 time slot, and it's not all that strong. However as we all know it doesn't take much to get heard, and so is the case here - they've been heard as far away as New Zealand (per a recent DXLD report). The freq can and does vary. Their HF signal lags about 2.5-3 mins behind their webcast, reported to be at ..:::Salem Stereo - Radio Cristiana:::..

Here is a website reportedly affiliated with the pastor, one Luis Emilio Torres Garzon of the United Pentecostal Church in Colombia

Escríbanos

I don't think the email address is any good (haven't seen any reports of it)

Thanks to NASWAns Brian Alexander, Don Jensen and Richard Cuff, along with DXLD, from which this news was compiled. Any transcription errors are entirely mine

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.