New HF broadcast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Hoping to hear this new station this morning at 1200 local/2300UTC....

For Immediate Release: Shortwave ... n-9395-khz

....but not even a hint of carrier. There was at 0900 local but no modulation - perhaps tuning-up?

Not much info on the web page - transmission time (apparently 24/7), power, antenna direction, audience etc would be helpful.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just checked this out on the Global Tuners radio in NYC. It was a bit weak, but quite readable

Anyone check it out on SDR Radio or the Perseus net? Mike

PrimeNumber

Caught their warm-up music starting at 22:55, it was very clear down here on the Gulf just east of New Orleans. Then there was an hour of Pacifica News, also pretty clear but things were fading with night coming on. Then at 00:00 there were some opening remarks about the new broadcaster's aims, how the next week is a "soft opening," and please visit the web site and send a signal report. By 00:40, well after dark, the signal had faded to lower than the noise and I tuned out.

Still, pretty cool overall. I'll be listening -- no doubt mostly during daylight hours -- and I have good hopes for them. It's a nice break from the SW choice of Alex Jones or Radio Havana.

BTW, I sent in a reception report and had an email reply back within an hour, asking for future reports. They are definitely interested in listener feedback. They also are sending out innaugural QSL cards for the first week, so jump on it if you're into that kind of thing (and I am, but not weirdly obsessive about it). Here's the link: Reception Reports & QSLs - International Shortwave Radio Broadcast StationInternational Shortwave Radio Broadcast Station

Haley

After checking out their website, and program schedule I am impressed! Looks like a very good business plan, lots of variety. Something most radio, SW, AM , and FM are sorely lacking anymore. I am looking forward to their success, and wish them well! Thanks for the tip-off, Mike

w2xq

Mentor
Isn't this Jeff White's operation out of what was the WYFR Okeechobee transmitter site? I think Jeff closed the WRMI transmitter site in Miami. Jeff has brokered time on WRMI for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.