RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > HF / MW / LW Monitoring > Shortwave Broadcast

Shortwave Broadcast - Discussions regarding shortwave broadcasters

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default SW Schedules spreadsheet

You can get a spreadsheet that is frequently updated that lists schedules of many broadcasters by registering with this Yahoo group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swskeds/info

This is far and away better than some of the schedules websites you will see, where the data is sometimes weeks old.

When you register, please tell the moderator that you heard about it from Mike Agner at RadioReference (he does ask for this information, altho it is optional...).

Mike
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2015, 6:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I follow the updates via email and although I seem to have missed the original announcement, it seems that this service MAY be discontinued? That's the gist of what I'm reading.
Old 01-15-2015, 8:58 PM

Anymore (since the new purple version) I avoid Yahoo like the plague.Their news page sucks, and they made the eGroups clunky and semi-usable. The ones I'm still a member of I check maybe ever other month -- if that.

Even Yahoo's mail system sucks compared to what it used to be. That's why I stick with the online schedules. In my experience most SW stations stick to the quarterly schedules enough for most listening needs.
Old 01-16-2015, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9rzz View Post
I follow the updates via email and although I seem to have missed the original announcement, it seems that this service MAY be discontinued? That's the gist of what I'm reading.
No, it is still active with pretty much daily updates, in fact one was posted 28 minutes ago. The issue is that it appears others have been copying the files and taking credit for themselves as having generated the files, and there was some discussion of discontinuing the file.

T!
Old 01-16-2015, 6:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Yeah, discontinuing the files. Isn't that the purpose of the whole thing? [confused]
Old 01-16-2015, 11:51 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

What Token said +1 - I just opened my email and there was a note from Dan advising of an update. They come virtually daily and sometimes two in a day! You can't get more up-to-date that that. Thanks Dan, that's another beer I'll have to drink for you!
Old 05-30-2016, 11:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

As a further update, as of this date, for the month Dan Ferguson has updated his schedules 22 times. Very much ongoing.

--
Mike
Old 10-08-2017, 4:16 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I do agree that yahoo is a crock - Dan's site is the only one I'm active in and you do get email advice when an update comes along.