Doubt on a broadcast in 4995 kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMIG1

Good day to everybody! I hope somebody can help me to identify this shortwave broadcast.

I was using an SDR in my computer located in Russia to hear some stations located in that side of the world. So I was tuning the SDR and find this broadcast in 4995 kHz. It sounds like a time signal broadcasting pulse signals.

The only station near Russia that broadcasts in that frequency is RWM, the Russian oficial shortwave time signal. It broadcasts in 4996 kHz.

You can clic the following link in order to listen to the broadcast.
Playing BEEPS ON 4995 kHz by SHORTWAVE RADIO - picosong

Hope somebody can help me.

Thank you everybody.

n0nhp

If you were in AM mode, a difference of 1KHz will not be apparent in the audio. Depending on the SDR and the resolution of the waterfall, a visual difference may not be apparent either. Best to put the radio into SSB mode and zerobeat the carrier.

Bruce

HMIG1

If you were in AM mode, a difference of 1KHz will not be apparent in the audio. Depending on the SDR and the resolution of the waterfall, a visual difference may not be apparent either. Best to put the radio into SSB mode and zerobeat the carrier.

Bruce

FLbxqso.png

Here's a screenshot of the waterfall. You can see in the 5000 kHz the broadcast of the BPM time signal in China, and next to it you can see the RWM transmission.

I received the BPM time signal because I was using an SDR in Russia, and not in the Americas.

Token

This is RWM on 4996 kHz.

With regards to your comments about BPM and reception in the Americas, BPM can be heard strongly most mornings on the west coast of North and Central America, somewhat less often in South America. Of course it is often mixed with WWV and / or WWVH, but at times and under some conditions it can rise above both of those. Typically both 5000 and 10000 kHz BPM can be heard. In the late after noon (local time) BPM can sometimes be heard on 15000 kHz.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.