Art Bell returning to SW/MW/FM radio July 20 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherStare

Art Bell (W6OBB) is starting a new paranormal talk show "Midnight in the desert" from 9pm to Midnight Pacific (0400-0700Z) Monday thru Friday on stations such as WTWW(5085kHz) and WBCQ(7490 &9330 kHz)

For a complete list of stations check out
Radio Stations - Art Bell

The show can also be heard live for free streaming on the internet

SCPD

QRT
Yes he was on last night as a "test event" or something on 7490. He's officially back tonight. Even to the west coast the signal was quite strong. A touch of fading but audio was fine and understandable.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I saw that. I listened to his interview the other night with John Batchelor on his podcast. Used to listen to ART and all his guests for years. It's great fun

ridgescan

If you read the site Ridge, they won't pick it up until Sept 28th.
Thanks Nick-will catch him on HF meantime:) even better anyway-to which I will respond to this next quote..
He said on his interview that he'll be on TUNE IN website AND their APP. I like that site, has thousands of stations and things to listen to at any time of the day/night. On Dark Matter Digital Network
Search results for ART BELL - Listen Online

Art Bell - Midnight in the Desert
get a SW/MW receiver-Art Bell is in my opinion, better enjoyed gotten from the airwaves old school, rather than on the net. It's the "night mystique" of the signal fades and such I guess that add flavor to the thing. Can't get that on the webz.
Anyone up for "Frequency"? lol

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Good point Ridge. I DO have my Dad's Grundig S350DL Radio with antenna outputs. I'm in Chicago and probably couldn't get past the Rockies. I know I've heard KOA from Denver on it when listening over with dad, but it was 90 miles west of here. Only antenna I have is the extendible on the radio and my 800/700 mhz Yagi. DID find these on his site though
Shortwave:

Tennessee – WTWW – 5,085 khz

Maine – WBCQ – 7,490 & 9,330 khz

Toronto – CFRX 6,070 khz
I used my AM/FM antenna off the back of my Stereo in my window. I'm able to get most these SW on the Grundig. WTWW Tennessee and Toronto CFRX comes in the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will be,,I catch his- Somewhere In Time - reruns on Saturday nights..

Apparently, the name of his show came from the Crystal Gayle song,
Midnight in the Desert..He & She were pals..

Coast to Coast was never the same after he disembarked..

PrimeNumber

Thomas posted a recording of the WTWW broadcast of the full show over at The SWLing Post: Shortwave Radio Recordings: Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell (via WTWW) | The SWLing Post

Good thing, because I needed my beauty rest last night and snoozed out after the first 30 minutes. Woke up before dawn to static and a slightly sour regret that I'd missed most of the show. Good to have it on mp3 now.

Yes, I realize that these freebie downloads shouldn't go on long since Art partially makes his living off selling the downloads, but doing it for the first show out the gate is more like free advertising.

Larry27

Premium Subscriber
Great to Have Art Bell Back

I missed the first show, but I caught it last night.

WTWW was putting out a huge signal on 5085.

I had perfect reception at my western North Carolina location using my Tecsun PL-360 indoors with just the whip antenna. It sounded as good as any local MW station.

I'm going to loose a lot of sleep!

Royal615

Listening to Art Bell live in White Plains NY on 7492 using my TECSUN PL-880 and my eton 550 field radio that I just picked up today from Radio Shack. It is 12:19am eastern right now and reception is 5x5 at this time on both radios!!

Wally46

Feed Provider
This is so awesome! I'm picking him up loud and clear in Iowa with just a 100 foot longwire and my Alinco HF radio!

Wally46

Feed Provider
Thanks Nick-will catch him on HF meantime:) even better anyway-to which I will respond to this next quote..

get a SW/MW receiver-Art Bell is in my opinion, better enjoyed gotten from the airwaves old school, rather than on the net. It's the "night mystique" of the signal fades and such I guess that add flavor to the thing. Can't get that on the webz.
Anyone up for "Frequency"? lol

Amen to that! Nothing like it. Sure is nice to have Art back and on the airwaves. I have him loud and clear on 5085 with a little fading once in a while. Perfect!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... thank you, thank you all who have contributed to this thread... I enjoy "somewhere in time" every week but it's great to hear new shows with current content and not repeat shows I heard years ago... George Nori has never come close to filling Art Bells shoes and bores me most of the time... it's great to have Art Bell back and I especially enjoy that great bumper music... Bob...

Status
Not open for further replies.