WTWW Rocks This Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Can I get some love for this fantastic shortwave station? Does anyone else here listen to WTWW Lebanon, Tn. most every night like I do? 5085kHz. I like to catch the classic hits in the evening from about 0200-0500UTC. I hear music on this station that I haven't heard in decades, and will never get locally on AM or FM. This is a good thing to have!
WTWW's a serious haunt in this shack. I run the R75 to my Denon AVR-2800 with Bose speaker group that I use for the big TV in my livingroom. Choke down on the RFgain to eliminate fadage, and full-wide filter to bring out highs and damn if this SW BC doesn't sound pretty damn good! Fills the place big. And I love the ham commercials and talk in between. This is a radio guy's dream DX. And I hope I made a couple folks aware of them.

WA8ZTZ

Ridge,

TNX for the heads up on this one. Sigs pounding in hr. Don't have the audio set-up like you but sounds fine on my Grundig Field, RF gain down, AF gain up, lots of bass, sounds good. The shack is rockin. :)

ridgescan

Ridge,

TNX for the heads up on this one. Sigs pounding in hr. Don't have the audio set-up like you but sounds fine on my Grundig Field, RF gain down, AF gain up, lots of bass, sounds good. The shack is rockin. :)

Shall have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up, Ridge.
Good to hear! At least in this shack, they really do fill a niche sadly lacking, and I am glad I have the shortwave medium here.

WA8ZTZ

Didn't hear them play my request but enjoyed the music nonetheless.
Will tune in again.

majoco

Stirrer
I'm disappointed! Not even a peep of carrier at 0400z! Perhaps it's because it's 1600local.......

I'll carry on listening to my local oldies station "Coast Radio", it's on the net too so you can listen to it!

ridgescan

I'm disappointed! Not even a peep of carrier at 0400z! Perhaps it's because it's 1600local.......

I'll carry on listening to my local oldies station "Coast Radio", it's on the net too so you can listen to it!
Hey Martin, they are off on Sunday:( should've mentioned that before. They'll be on again Monday evening (U.S.) 0200UTC and seem to sign off at 0530UTC six times a week.

majoco

Stirrer
Ah, but your Sunday is my Monday.... :)

Wasn't there an Everley Bros tune about "when it's night time in Italy it's Wednesday over here..."

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
It’s too bad they also regularly broadcast and promote “Pastor Pete’s” sermons. Incredibly bigoted vile stuff. Reminds me of Father Coughlin’s virulently anti-semitic broadcasts of the 1930s.

Kind of takes the shine off the rest of the programming, in my opinion.

ridgescan

It’s too bad they also regularly broadcast and promote “Pastor Pete’s” sermons. Incredibly bigoted vile stuff. Reminds me of Father Coughlin’s virulently anti-semitic broadcasts of the 1930s.

Kind of takes the shine off the rest of the programming, in my opinion.
Hey Jim. Truth is I didn't know about that as
a. I never tripped on the program list nor even the website till now.
b. when I tune into 5085 he's nowhere to be heard.
c. the only times I've heard his crap it was on 9475 and 5810 and I twirl VFO clear of those.
I just like the music!! And the ham stuff. It's easy enough to get what you want and ignore the rest.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Hey Jim. Truth is I didn't know about that as
a. I never tripped on the program list nor even the website till now.
b. when I tune into 5085 he's nowhere to be heard.
c. the only times I've heard his crap it was on 9475 and 5810 and I twirl VFO clear of those.
I just like the music!! And the ham stuff. It's easy enough to get what you want and ignore the rest.

Hi, Ridge. Yep, It’s definitely good stuff; both the music and the hobby related stuff, no two ways about it!

ridgescan

I notice WTWW's been off the air on 5085 for a long while now except they were up on Saturday evening-the guy playing the organ. I hope they get back to normal-I miss the music:(

ridgescan

I love their station ID mantra: "With miles of wire and THOUSANDS of volts, this is WTWW, Lebanon, Tn. USA to the world! THIS...is the all-powerful transmitter number two!"
So cool:)

Status
Not open for further replies.