WRMI Shortwave Transmitter Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymot

Thanks for sharing this. So that's where Family Radio broadcasted from. I wonder who their customers are now. They mentioned that they serve a lot of Spanish stations, I'm curious who they are.

ridgescan

Thanks for sharing this. So that's where Family Radio broadcasted from. I wonder who their customers are now. They mentioned that they serve a lot of Spanish stations, I'm curious who they are.
What I like is they play a ton of the music I grew up on and I tune them in at bedtime on the old DX160. Nice way to fall to sleep.

ridgescan

I was missing WRMI's signals both on 9455 and 9395kHz and contacted their station last Friday 1-26-18 letting them know my location. On Sunday Evening 1-28-18, a very nice guy returned my call and when I got his message I wrote his name down but misplaced that so I don't know who it was but I suspect he was a WRMI bigshot. He told me he was calling from Malaysia where he was at a shortwave conference. He said he called his station upon getting my message and checked into why I was not hearing them. He said it must've been propagation as his people said there were no interruptions in transmissions.
But the thing is, after that Sunday call, I'm getting WRMI on both frequencies stronger and more reliably than ever. Propagation-maybe. But whatever, I'm thrilled they're back in here so I can fall asleep to the awesome music they run most of which is from my youth! And the icing on that cake is they run VOA news briefs in between the music. This is a great station to DX.

Boombox

Almost forgot to post my logging here of the BBC from Kranji, Singapore about three mornings ago (2-7-2018, about 1530 UTC), broadcasting on 7485 in Urdu (to Pakistan) and 7465 in Pashto (to NW Pakistan and to Afghanistan). Reception was almost local-like, SIO545.

On my Radio Shack 200629 "PLL World Receiver" (ATS-505) and indoor wire. The pipeline to Asia decided to open up for a bit. :)

Boombox

Almost forgot to post my logging here of the BBC from Kranji, Singapore about three mornings ago (2-7-2018, about 1530 UTC), broadcasting on 7485 in Urdu (to Pakistan) and 7465 in Pashto (to NW Pakistan and to Afghanistan). Reception was almost local-like, SIO545.

On my Radio Shack 200629 "PLL World Receiver" (ATS-505) and indoor wire. The pipeline to Asia decided to open up for a bit. :)

Sorry about placing this logging in the wrong thread. It belongs in the "SW Loggings here" thread. Woops.

Wasn't thinking. :)

ridgescan

0500utc tonight and WRMI is coming in strong. Just finished "Blues To The World" and just began their classic hits into the night. 9455kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.