New Australian Shortwave Broadcaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
I have been tuning into Ozy Radio on 4835 Khz, which is an ex ABC Australia frequency. Some great Aussie\Kiwi music and local/international news. Great to find a new SW broadcaster. They are looking for DX reports.

Site: Welcome to Ozy Radio

Reports to: ozyradio@gmail.com

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Every now and then they play "Waltzing Matilda " in tones, very retro! Reminds of some numbers stations of the past. This is all very nice. Well done!

majoco

Stirrer
Heard Radio Ozy last night from about 2000 to 2200 local/0800-1000UTC but well down in the atmospheric noise - lots of lightning crashes - nice to hear the Kookaburra again - that took me back a few years!

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
That koookaburra really cuts through the static. Really enjoying the music selection. They say they're only playing Aussie music, but i have heard Dragon and Stan Walker, so sooner or later i would expect Dave Dobbin or Koo De Tah.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If someone sacrifices their Watkins Johnson to the propagation gods (HI), it MIGHT make it to the East Coast of the US at greyline or a little before during our local winter...would be a tough catch here...Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.